Saturday, March 19, 2011

What's all this talk about an ugly duckling?

So what's this about an ugly duck?


We sat in the office and there were lots of us there....  And questions were being asked and questions were being answered ....


Then he turned and looked at my husband and started to speak about how he had been hearing all these things about Jim....  Accuracy... Clarity... Details...  What was going on in him?


They talked for a bit and then he turned to me and asked how I felt about it all...  Everything that had been going on in my husband's and my life ....


I started to share about how I had felt like an ugly duckling all my life ...  All my life I felt like I looked different.. Meaning I felt like I saw things differently than most...  Thought upon things in a way that others around me didn't ....experienced things in a way that seemed weird... And that as I had come into contact with these people I was with I felt less like an ugly duck and had realized that maybe the issue was I wasn't a duck at all....


This isn't to be used as an excuse for immaturity or as a motive for lack of accountability ... Or as an entitlement towards feeling like a special elite group of any kind ....  


But it helped me understand myself better .... It helped me to know who I was more as a child of God wired in a specific way..  It helped me to understand those things that happened to me or around me and helped me settle more into my own skin....


I guess that is what these last few blog posts are about... Or it's what I want them to be about....


Learn who you are.... If it is revelatory or not ... That's just my journey... Learn who you are.... How you are made up... How you were knitted and formed and learn how to walk within that in love and maturity so that you grow and empower others to grow ...


John Wimber used to say if you can say I will die if I don't church plant than church plant but if there is something else or you lack that focus than do something else ....  I guess I interpreted that as find what you would die from if you didn't do it and go do it ....


And I'm seeing more and more that for me I need to see, hear, touch and taste the Kingdom of my Father.... The revelation of it is life to me ....  But I also feel so called to help others get to where they need to go... To help others become all they can


So truly my heart in sharing anything is that you would take from it whatever you will and become all you are called towards and if there is anything in my journey that might help you that you would glean from my mistakes and my failures and my steps towards the Father...  So we can all move closer and closer to being His bride... 

No comments: