Tuesday, March 1, 2011

His whisper is filled with the strength of one hundred hurricanes....

I'm so very shallow in my understanding... I'm so limited in my capacity to comprehend His love.... I'm so unable to fathom the depths to which He goes to facilitate my ability to even recognize how gracious His compassion is.....

I am so able to judge and misunderstand His affections.... Within lack of understanding His ways I am so capable of making incredibly false judgments of His character .. I have seen myself knee jerk into reactions filled with doubt and fear rather than rising up in faith and trust....

I want to walk so differently ... I want my affections to be as assured as His.... I want my faith in Him to be as solid as His knowing how completed the good work will be within the course of my lifetime ... I want my fortitude to love... to always see that which is the best... that which never fails... that which never fades out or becomes obsolete... that which never comes to an end.... to even begin to touch His determination to pour out His devotion to me and my soul...

I want eyes that never get distracted and I want a heart that is never divided.... I want a will that is set like flint before Him to always choose the exact path He would have me choose.... I want Him... I want Him...

When all else fails and the things of this world crumble... He will stand consistent ... He is relentlessly passionate towards all even as all don't recognize Him or even care to do so...

In these moments that are so tender within my being ... in these moments where I feel fragile and small His love comes and sings over me ....

He carries with Him the warmest of embraces... He empowers me to receive it and He comes and allows me glimpses of His gaze and I know that there is nothing He wouldn't do for me ....

I know that the strength and fortitude that is being birthed within me is just more of a demonstration of those affections... I recognize how easily I would falter into less than that which He is and I recognize that by His will and by His grace He causes me to stand in places I would never be able to without that which He provides.....

He is so very other than anything I could ever even think of or imagine.... He is so very other than all I could ever be on my own.... He is so very committed to bringing to bear His image within my likeness that it takes my breath away...

He takes my smallest of offerings of love and affection and He causes them to mature into that which He walks in ... that which He is..... He takes my smallest pleas for grace and my most feeble attempts towards faithfulness and in turn pours out and creates within them a portrait of beauty.....

I would call myself servant.... and yet He comes and lifts up my chin so that I am face to face ... gaze to gaze and He calls me daughter..... His whisper is filled with the strength of one hundred hurricanes.... and as He speaks ever so softly into my being I am made full ... full of strength... full of wonder... full of this solid knowing that courses through my being that I belong to the Creator of all things.... that I call the King of Kings and Lord of Lords Father....

So ever full of gratitude.... that His affections land upon my being and make a way within me to receive them more and more... they land upon my being and make a way within me to receive His likeness and His ways... They land upon my being and make me me.... they make me me......

No comments: