Tuesday, March 8, 2011

As the night arrives with its quiet hours I can find myself sitting and pondering the ways of the day... but amidst all the best conclusions are drawn

Sitting in my chair this early morning hour my hands hold onto the seat and I am still.... head bent low ...

I think I am getting glimpses into the heart of David and that which he wrote within the psalms... words full of worship... words full of the acknowledgement of the awesomeness of God.. His qualities and attributes that He displays for us to see and partake in... His ways.... but also words full of sorrow... words full of doubt... words full of complex questions that don't come with easy answers most time no answers but even more questions...

As I ponder all these things tonight I come to a conclusion that we also find time after time within the words and heart of David.... that amidst questions and amidst worship... amidst the unknown and the known.. amidst all the calls to remember the faithfulness and character and history of God there are people... there are people

There are people who are just trying to find their way.. just trying to make a way... just trying to navigate all the different terrains life offers all of us.....

Beyond any platitude or pathetic attempt to answer the great mysteries or quandaries that are there to struggle with .... I have found myself just stepping into the conclusion that David found amidst his questioning...

Within the words of Psalm 73 comes the way of peace amidst all questions and all uncertainties...

When I tried to understand all this,
it troubled me deeply
till I entered the sanctuary of God;

.... Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

............ But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;

But as for me... it is good to be near God............... with that I smile and peace enters as does a time for rest.........

No comments: