Monday, March 7, 2011

How do I love Him?

How can we love Him?

How can I, a creature, love Him, Creator?

How does a child love a sunset?

How does a child jump gleefully as the Ocean roars its wave to the shore?

How does a child reach for the rainbow and believe in the pot of gold at its end?

How does a child take hold of a parent's hand and their heart from before they are even born?

How can we love Him?

I loved my son today by making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and letting him taste the jelly at the end of the knife...

I didn't rush through tasks but took a hold of the moment and made it a memory full of love and affection....

How can we love Him?

I love Him by taking a hold of His hand and looking into His eyes and telling Him that His ways are the ways I want to walk.... I love Him by beholding that which He is and knowing that that is what He will always be.... I love Him by letting Him love me....

We love Him by loving one another....

We love Him by simple actions that though He is so more and so other than that which we are... we love Him by loving Him as we can... by giving Him all that we can... Does a parent love a picture that is done by a toddler any less than one done by a master? Does a parent look at the attempted scribbles of a child and dismiss it because it is not a world renowned novel?

Our affections aren't small to the Lord... He cherishes every last one... Every last one.... there are no actions towards Him that are too small that His heart isn't blessed by the movement towards Him.....

How do we love Him?

By loving Him.....

No comments: