Thursday, March 3, 2011

in those moments comes a compassion and mercy and affection that washes away from us the inclination to act less than that which we were created to be

yesterday I got lost and lost time upon a project that I am so not suited for.... technology and me are not best friends and so what might take one twenty minutes to do took me hours.... ugh

Amidst the frustration of it all I focused in upon that project to the exclusion of all else and by the end of it was grumpy and tired......

As I tried to move away from it all I thought about the day.....


I watched a day that I could have made different just float into the category of glad that is over.....


But in this morning as I thought about the day and was confronted by my own failures and weaknesses and frustrations I came to the place where I heard the most familiar whispers upon my heart ..... and I saw Him not sitting there waiting for me as we are so often told that He does...


I've heard it preached He just sits and waits for us to come to Him and lay our problems at our feet... But who of us when seeing a child of ours struggle doesn't go towards them and stand by them and offer strength and support.... God doesn't sit back away from us ... He is always ever present and ever strong.... We have our actions towards Him but before we are even close by He has come to meet us and welcome us into His arms.... He is always watching and always moving and always closer than our very next breath...

I truly don't have to be mindful of Him for Him to be mindful of me.....

In being Fathered by Him I watch Him ... I see Him... I absorb His nature and His characteristics ... I welcome them within me....

Those attributes of His bring forth a life so full of other than this world has to offer.... this world would have the residue of yesterday still upon my soul and yet the day has dawned and new mercies have arrived and past failures are todays new hurdles to overcome and learn from... and move forward into more of His grace

There are many areas of life where I falter and where patience does not win but within all of that I look and I still see... I don't allow weakness or lack to separate me from affections that are mine regardless of performance...

Can you hear that today?

It is in the areas of weakness and in the areas of struggle where we back away thinking that the Father's disappointment is too much to bear... But in those moments we succumb to the lies of the enemy of our souls... because truly in those moments lay the soil for the most intimate of transactions between Father and child... in those moments don't come stark words or discipline... in those moments comes a compassion and mercy and affection that washes away from us the inclination to act less than that which we were created to be...

No condemnation is present...

No should have done it differently ..

Just an all knowing Father whose strengths are made manifest in our most weakest moments ... we back away when He draws near afraid of what He brings and yet He brings His heart and His ways and settles us in more towards Him...

Not that I want to falter ... not that I want to sin... but now I get it ... I get it more than I ever have.... when upon that fault I land... when upon that land of failure I walk.... He, who has never left my side and has never taken His gaze off of me, lures me into Himself and beckons me into His ways.... calling forth from me that which is less than what I am and giving to me His image and His likeness...

In all of this I am becoming more of all that I am... wife, mother, friend... I am being empowered to love with a heart of grace and see with eyes of faith .... I am being empowered to be as He is and in all my failures I receive His correction because He brings it oh so beautifully that I am continually altered by even the remembrance of it......

Oh so brought down low to worship and praise You... You are glorious and wonderful in all Your ways... Your truth and love swirl together and create this masterpiece of Joy.... gracious and kind are you... yet ever so determined that I would not journey into places being less than that which You have made me to be.... So ever grateful and humbled by your extravagant love.... It is always my undoing....

No comments: