Tuesday, March 8, 2011

love and wisdom.......... The thing I love about God is the way He sees and thinks upon things... Simply a WOW moment... what else can I say

As part 2 of a series that I am delving into what it means to love.... I wanted to address an aspect of what I have been learning about loving and being seen by God...

God is never caught off guard or surprised when I act in a way unbecoming to that which I have been called towards...... I have been learning aspects to God's nature that I wasn't as able to receive before but as my heart has been made more and more whole I have I come to this place of peace and calm that is accompanied by such a feeling of solidness inside that it is such a delight and joy.....

I am more able to receive His discipline in ways that bring forth change... I think I have shared about the time when the Father just recently came to discipline me on some issues and yet there was so much joy within Him that I was caught off guard... but His joy was in the fact that I didn't interpret His discipline as a smack or a burst of anger but was able to receive it within the context of His love and His affection and it brought Him great joy that I could receive His correction in that way.....

Loving within the ways of the Kingdom is much different than loving as the world would love..... loving in the ways of the Kingdom brings us into His heart and His ways... but loving in the ways of the Kingdom is full of wisdom as much as it is full of affection....

The Father sees me .. completely as I am and as I will be or as I am in Him.... He sees all and knows all... and so He loves me completely with a passion and a fervor that is consistently and constantly my undoing......

So what is the wisdom aspect of love... well.. I have seen the protective nature of my Heavenly Father.... I have seen Him remove me from harmful situations and raise up a hedge of protection and be the strong tower and refuge that He is.....

So well what does that look like in the natural... well it looks like this..... He gives wisdom... we are always called to love... and Jesus provides as always the most excellent way.. He knew Judas yet He loved him.... and walked with him .... but He wasn't unaware..... I think loving in naivety without sight is opening oneself up sometimes to harm unnecessarily ...

I would never allow a known pedophile within the same room as my child... but in a given situation with the right perimeters I would love and minister to him or her...... I would pray that I would be granted the grace to see beyond actions into the heart of a person who was very much loved by God... no matter what it was that they did.....

So that is the key I am learning.... to have eyes that see... to have eyes that see the person and understand where they are at... but to have the place within myself to love all.... all those that aren't seen by society... all those that would be cast off... all those who might be considered less than ... all those who would be considered seen and known....

It isn't just the outcast and lonely who need love... are we able to bring ourselves to the place where we can love regardless of status or position of the person we are loving... are we able to love the person before us whether King or pauper... whether leader or janitor.... can we love without thought to self .. and selfish gain... can we learn to allow love to flow through us ... just so that we become conduits of the most phenomenal thing that exists within all of creation and beyond..... The love of God is stronger than anything .. it will empower us to do just that if we let it....

Oh I am jumping... I am delighting... I am leaping... into new places of freedom...

Oh God make us blind to status... title... placement in life.... let us see hearts and men and women.... let us know them and see them as You do with Your sight and knowledge yet also filled with your amazing perfect love....

Ah can you feel it... can you feel the freedom of living love with wisdom.... can you feel what it feels like as they merge and weave and dance ... can you feel His delight?

Choosing God and His ways.... wanting.... hungering to know love.... like He knows it... to live it like He lives it.... ah.... sooo good .... sooo very very good.....

No comments: