Friday, March 18, 2011

The Great Cloud of Witnesses.... we are surrounded by them... witnesses of great faith... of moments with God...

I was reminded today about a time in an airport... I was waiting with my mom.. she and I were spending a few last minutes together before I had to leave.... and to our left was a family awaiting for their mom to return.. Their mom was a soldier and had been away a long time and they were there with signs and balloons... The excitement especially in this one little boy caught my attention so much to the fact that it is still so vivid to me almost a year later....

Then she arrived and the scene was breathtaking and wonderful and even as a complete stranger I was in tears....

So I wrote just yesterday about one of my experiences with Joseph...

Other experiences some what like that and some what different are as the following....

During a meeting I see in the spirit a man whispering to the speaker.... and I also see gold coins tumbling from heaven towards the man..... after the meeting I went to talk to him and I said what I saw..... well just the night before that same man I had seen whispering to him was in a dream that the speaker had and just that day someone had come into his office and handed him a stack of gold coins.....

At a funeral my daughter won't accept that her grandmother is dead... why? because she sees her ....

During this one man's travels he sees men and women who have past away .. who have gone before us.... He sees them upon land that they once traveled themselves and they give him things or tell him things

Ghosts .... necromancy.... why is it in our nature to revert to thinking evil of things that are aspects to the Kingdom of God.......

Let me back track... satan can not create... he can't... he can mimic.. he can counterfeit... he can manipulate... but he can not create..... so people's thoughts and intrigue with ghosts and then people who step full into necromancy are stepping into the counterfeit... they are making the experience or person the object of worship and they are following down a wrong path but just because there is a counterfeit doesn't disregard the Kingdom of God and the authentic...

There is so much more to the great cloud of witnesses than what we understand and I do not AT ALL profess to know much upon that subject.... just that which I have encountered and the stories I have heard others tell....

I think we judge something by the fruit and I know in my encounters and in the encounters I have heard shared... people don't go off worshiping the dead or making more of the experience than that which it was.....

Could I go my whole life with God without every stepping into such an encounter ... of course... but if such encounters bring forth strength or mutual encouragement or push me further on in my pursuit of the Father... than why would I not want to participate in aspects of my Father's house... my Father's kingdom..

We are told in Hebrews...

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. - Hebrews 12:1-3

I picture it sort of like that scene at the airport .... and while I do not attempt to comprehend or understand it fully I have witnessed it enough and personally been strengthened by different visitations that it has found a legitimate place within my walk with the Lord.... I don't seek after them ... nor do I pray for anyone specific "witness" to visit me nor do I ever pray to any of them when they do come but when they come in a dream or a vision or in the day I receive them as the witness they are ... as the messenger they are....

No comments: