Monday, March 21, 2011

I knew where I was and my heart leapt for joy... In my Father's house are many rooms and much delight dwells within

My feet felt the cool solid feeling of the tile underneath them and I smiled... I knew where I was and my heart leapt for joy. I was in His house... huge sigh filled my lungs and I could feel the utter delight upon my face and the same emotion and feeling coursed through my whole being.... His house.. home... my home... His home... In His house are many ... oh so many rooms and I was standing in His house ...

And

Since it was His house.. I knew as my feet felt the cool wonderful feeling of the gloriously white tile type material beneath them that He was near.... I closed my eyes and my smile grew even more solid and deep .....

He had come up behind me and was gently welcoming me as His hands touched my shoulders all that I was arose into that place of belonging... of daughter.... of delight.... sheer ... absolute... full delight... delight in being His and knowing Him and His delight over me...

It could have been seconds.. it could have been hours... days or weeks... or a thousand years... I just remained in that place and lingered with His affections pouring out over me and mine flowing back towards Him... like the cycle of water.... a continual flow of release... receiving... absorbing ... releasing back... and the strength... oh the strength that just flowed with the affections .. so sturdy.. so solid... so strong...

And another deep breath and another huge smile and another moment of lingering.... closed eyes... solid fellowship... breathing Him in and breathing Him out and being brought into Him and standing within all that He is and taking that in and relishing in every moment....

Ah and then His hand .. His hand brought my head back upon His shoulder and held me against Himself and I felt His deep breath... His delight in holding me .. His delight in being with me.. His pleasure in being my Father....

And the moments just kept spinning as for lack of better language... and it was good.. oh so very very good... and I saw and I understood... how it truly is so very very good..... beyond good... it's life.. and joy... and beauty... and perfection all wrapped into a oneness that will never cease to exist.....

I am a part of Him and He is a part of me and apart from one another I can do nothing ... I can do nothing on my own.. but in this place... in this place I soar...

This is my food... this is my life... this is all that I hunger for... all that I truly need.... when places and times and moments like these are granted by Him ... well.. what more can any daughter want... time.. time spent in beautiful moments of adoration and affection... of being loved and being saturated by the very one who had known my name before the very foundations of the earth were lain....

He thought of me... He delighted in me and then I was.... He so specifically fashioned me... and He knew we would love one another forever.... He watched over me .. Stood for all time as my Lord.... stood for all time between me and all that would be other than Him.... Stood for all time with His hands upon me ... me bearing His image ... and in so doing declaring to all that would see that I was His ... His daughter... reflector of His passions... reflector of His delight... reflector of His likeness....

In me He sees Himself and He fashioned me for joy.... In us He sees Himself... as a child is a reflection of their parents... just by makeup .. just by genetics... a child reflects those that are called mom and dad... we reflect Him.... His image is branded upon us... We are His and we bear His image....

My most heartfelt prayer is that we would not just bear it well but that we would rest in the depth of the knowledge that it is who we are .. at the most intrinsic level .. it is who we are .. We are His.... this world doesn't own us.. neither height nor depth nor life nor death nor principality nor power nor future nor present.. neither angels or demons.. nothing can separate us from Him... nothing.... nothing in all creation can separate us from His love... that is how solid it is... that is how tangible it is....

Ah .. in my Father's house are so many rooms and within His house there is delight .. .delight forever more

No comments: