Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sometimes the place to see Him the most is in each other....

I saw You today....

I love how You are teaching me to see You in all different facets.... Whether it is seeing You as You are... Watching You as You move.... Knowing You are present ... Or as You showed me today.....

I had truly struggled within the afternoon and wondered before You about that which You were doing.... Feeling a tad out of place and having lost an equilibrium of knowing where I stand

A personal responsibility would take me to a market place where I was volunteering my time .... As I went about doing different tasks that were asked of me I went to hand out some brochures .... as I journeyed up and down the different isles this man caught my attention ... and I paused to talk with him and give him some information...... I then returned back to the main area only to be asked to walk through out the larger market place again..... As I headed back down the lane the gentleman called out to me.... and I stopped....

I paused and we talked some more and he began to share about his life and his health ..... I knelt down and looked him in the eyes and I began to see You..... I asked if I could pray for him and he so graciously let me and then as I looked up I saw You even more and again listened to him tell the story of an estranged daughter and so I looked at him and began to pray again for him and his daughter..... I held his hand and touched his arm.... and gave him a hug..... I saw You in his tears.... I saw You in his face...

I saw You and I understood about my day even more.....

I saw a man who had nothing in his person that would draw anyone towards him and yet You were upon him... You were with him and You invited me to see You today in the eyes of that man.....

Earlier I had felt like though I watch people pass by I was invisible... and yet I have a family... I have a community... I have so much in my life....

and here was this man.... And there was You....... and there was me .... I saw You today as You showed me that which is so very important...... You are found in the lonely ... the outcast... the afraid... You are found and seen in those who would not be seen .. in those that would be so easily passed by....

And in seeing You today ... I knew You saw me..... I know in seeing You meet that man where He was ... You were meeting me where I was... and speaking hope to the both of us...........

No comments: