Saturday, March 19, 2011

The other side of the coin ..... An introduction of sorts

The things they don't tell you


I was recently asked to give some feedback on what it was like being pastored by this one individual in particular......  


There are many reasons why I loved being pastored by him and his wife...  In essence they gave life to me and my family in way too many ways to tell you about here...


But those weren't the reasons I was being asked ....


My friend has this huge heart for prophetic people...  And he has a gift to truly pass on the love of the Father...  


He also has quite the history of being around revelatory people and has experienced the good... The amazing... The bad.... The horrific...  


And with it all he emerged as one who had this truly unique blend to him...  Appreciating the prophetic individual and ministry and the role it plays within a community while cherishing and loving the individual and seeing them beyond the gift....  


Seeing the person .... I knew I was seen as a person by him and his wife ...  They saw the "Clark Kent" aspect to the revelatory people they pastored while also appreciating and weighing and growing and incubating the revelatory aspect...  The other side of the coin ...


Lately it has been hard for me to stay awake past 8 pm... Just going non stop through the days has me hit the night like a ton of bricks ...  But tonight I couldn't sleep....


Time kept passing and I just let myself chill and take it easy...  I settled into the atmosphere around me long enough to absorb that which I was being led towards


  It wasn't even like I prayed but then... Then I heard the familiar whispers and I thought about my friend who walked along side me and my family and who taught us so much about living and love...


I was up tonight because I could feel several things so deeply that the stirring upon me wouldn't let me go...  


Hhhmmm I don't really know how to write this...  I'm not asking for pity and I'm not looking to make any excuses...  I'm not at all looking to make a special sub culture of people nor am I elevating any one grouping of people above another...


More I guess what I feel like I want to do is this....  I was once asked how I felt personally about that which was happening to my husband..  He was growing astoundingly in accuracy and in detail within revelatory things...


But I was asked how I felt about it...  And this is what I said... " I have felt like an ugly duckling all my life and now... Now I realize I'm not ugly I just was never a duck..."


I had always felt weird about the ways I saw things or knew things and how at times I perceived my environment ...  I always felt like a duck out of water or like I just didn't belong.....


My pastor friend who walked with me and my family through this time in our lives taught us many things...  But more than anything he taught me how to be comfortable within that which I am... 


So in these next few blog entries I want to journey through some of my experiences and share the other side of the coin ....  The side that isn't seen when you are just taking in revelatory ministry....  The side that I live with and that I know other revelatory people I know live with...

Why?  Well I honestly think there are some things that will help ... Simply enough I truly believe I have something to say on this matter and I guess I just hope I do it well

No comments: