Wednesday, March 16, 2011

.. To attempt to reduce Him and His amazing life and sacrifice to a temporary high .. is a pitiful counterfeit to the relationship that is offered ..

When His presence is tangibly abounding stepping into all that it is has an effortless quality and nature to it.... It is His invitation... His initiation... His beckoning... In those moments.. in those beautiful ... glorious moments all else disappears and His ways are that which is strong... His Kingdom apparent... His nature manifested....

Acknowledging that He is always present... always welcoming... always initiating... I attempt to step towards Him and His ways even when all that I am doesn't sense Him.... Without sensing Him physically or practically I am aware that He is always at hand...... That there isn't a moment of my existence that He isn't aware of .... and I want that to be true .... as true as it can be between He and I.....

There it is....

My capacity to linger or tarry is at times pitiful and yet I hunger for Him ....

Hungering for Him can't be to just be filled with some temporary high or thrilling experience.... Too many times it could be said of me and those I have watched that we drank deeply when He came but the days that would then pass would find no change....

would not find us more loving... more patient... more like Him....

Instead they would find us looking forward to the next opportunity towards an experience where His faithfulness would abound and His ways would manifest and He would walk in our midst.....

I tread oh so carefully here for there is so much I do not understand... but I understand this... He is not a candy bar... He is not a drug... He is not a high..... He is the Lord... He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and He is magnificent and generous... and kind... and strong... and glorious... To attempt to reduce Him to an experience .. To attempt to reduce Him and His amazing life and sacrifice to a temporary high .. is a pitiful counterfeit to the relationship that is offered through the cross.....

There is so much freedom... there is so much to experience regarding Him.... there is so much to know about Him... so much to adore about His nature..... I love ... LOVE ... all those moments when in a gathering His mercies and grace abound.... yet I want more for me... I want more for you.... I want a daily reckoning between He and I and You and Him that goes beyond all else.... that is solid in its consistency and character and make up and within the legacy that it leaves

For as we adore Him and we experience Him... may we not join those crowds who so long ago openly mocked Him..... as we adore Him and experience Him may our worship be made more complete as we abide in Him and become like Him so that His glorious nature can shine through us and He can dwell in us not for a momentary occurrence but for all times.....

While those times of refreshing and renewal are wonderful and beautiful times they are not the end result... they refresh and they renew for a purpose... and that I don't believe is to just hold on and wait for the next moments of refreshing and renewal... but to empower all to walk daily within all that life with the Lord is.... that we can also walk through drier times and times of wilderness ... let us not be like those who were laid low in the wilderness but like those who know their God and stand in all times under His shadow.. within all His grace........


1For I want you to know, brothers,[a] that our fathers were all under(A) the cloud, and all(B) passed through the sea, 2and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3and(C) all ate the same(D) spiritual food, 4and(E) all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. 5Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for(F) they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1 Corinthians 10:4-5

No comments: