Sunday, March 20, 2011

Is it me? Is it them? Is this the pizza I ate for dinner? What is this?

I think this is one of the elements of living a life that is sensitive to things in the spirit that has taken me the longest to get used to.... I have had to learn discernment and it has been through trial and error..... and a lot of questioning and a lot of "what is this?" type wonderings....

I mentioned in an earlier post that there was a season where Jim and I thought we were moving to California... to the point where we started looking at schools and housing... we didn't even know why.... which is a heads up but we have moved places before and not really known why..... This was a while ago and so I still reverted quite a lot honestly to fleeces and laid out several ones if we should stay where we were or was it time to go?

Well two things happened... one of the fleeces that I had laid out if we were to stay happened and then an announcement that some friends of ours were headed out west.. to California came....


The mall was the worst place for some of these things.... satisfied with life and not into clothes or the latest trend at all I would go to the mall and feel sucked into those feelings of need or want....


Or I would be feeling fine in life and then feel different weights or emotions come upon me and this was before I knew to ask some of the questions that I now know to ask... but I could be taking a walk and pass a certain house and begin to feel some emotion that I hadn't been feeling before....


Another example is you are feeling physically fine and then you head to church or out somewhere and all of a sudden your back that has never given you problems hurts or your getting a stabbing pain in your right foot.... etc.. pick the symptom or body part....


So I don't want to oversimplify these things nor do I want to make more of something than that which it is... but this is an aspect to growing in discernment and this is an aspect to life in the spirit... and I know that as I have grown and learned I have developed a greater sense of compassion for people and hunger to understand ...

So here are some of my thoughts.... and some of the things I have learned....

I have learned that there are sensitivities in the spirit and that one can pick up on another's feelings whether physical or emotional.... that I know of a man who would enter a building and would be so focused on peace that it would spread through out the entire offices.... the fact is that there just aren't the barriers in the spirit as there are in the natural... your spirit is going to pick up on another's emotions... on another's thoughts... on another's plans....

Learning what to do in those moments is a journey and learning to separate what is you and what isn't you takes time...

Have you ever been walking by someone and a thought pops into your head that is totally foreign to you? Thoughts... emotions.. physical ailments....


Now two things we are always always accountable for the way we behave.. what we do with what we think or feel... and there are no excuses for any other behavior... no matter what we have the choice of how we are going to act.... nor should we go up to people and say that "oh I have this thought and I just know it is yours because it certainly isn't mine..." There are so many ins and outs of this and I didn't want to get complicated in this article...

This is what I wanted to say in this article... simply put.... If you feel things or just happen to know things that you wouldn't know from natural means... if you go somewhere and all of a sudden ... out of the blue... you (who were feeling fine and emotionally let's say neutral for the sake of explanation) all of a sudden feel something physically or in the arena of emotions... just take a moment and ask... is this me? Or is this someone I just passed? Is this someone I know?

Take a moment to ask the Lord about that which you are feeling..... learning to ask these questions and others like it... have helped me grow in discernment and led me into understanding.... Is this me? Are you trying to show me something Lord about myself? Is this someone I just passed on the street? Is there something going on in that house that you would like me to pray about?

Somethings I have learned to do is check myself... before going out.. before going to church... does anything hurt... how am I doing.... and really get a measurement of sorts..... so that when I do go out and out of the blue feel something like a physical affliction I didn't have I can see if there is someone around me who does have that which I had felt and can pray for them.....

Also let me be honest here ... I've learned you can truly turn this sensitivity off.... now whether that is what you should do or not.. that is a different article... but in life there are lots of times that I purposefully become oblivious to that which is around me just to get things done...... you can turn it off...

I know people who could never step foot into a public place if they didn't .. because they are so sensitive that they just pick up on a ton of things that reside in the spirit and upon people....

I wanted to start a simple conversation of sorts and I am not sure I kept it simple enough but it is just a start... I wanted you to know it is ok... that you aren't just experiencing yesterday's pizza... and that you are equipped to learn about these things and grow in discernment.... that we are meant to have sensitivities in the spirit and experience these things so as to grow in our ability and capacity to minister to each other and pray for the Lord's purposes to be done.....

Ask your questions... express your doubts... let's chat

No comments: