Monday, March 7, 2011

The Lion King - Simba's Return (English)





Early on one of the sequences of things the Lord used to bring forth the message of Becoming You was the scene in Lion King where Mufasa's ghost appears in the clouds....

We will walk around stumbling in the terrains of life being confused until we come to the place where we can hear the calling towards being a daughter... being a son..... as the scenes continue to the place where Simba then turns to confront the pains of the past and heads back to take his rightful place within that which he was always called to do....


I understand that this is a scripted Disney movie but without being too sappy and not really caring if I am..... this scene in this movie has held onto my heart... for it is about remembering ....

Remembering whose exactly we are..... "You're Mufasa's boy." We are the children of God..... of God.... OF GOD!!!!!! Made in His image.... bearing His likeness....

And Remembering who we are...... Citizens of Heaven... Ambassadors of Christ... New Creation.... Co Heirs with Christ..... Sons and Daughters.... Sons and Daughters of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords ... The Creator of all things is our Father.....

Rafiki: Good! Go on! Get out of here!


I have throughout the last season of life stood in places where I looked into past failures and past hurts and took steps to move beyond them and received healing where that was necessary but resolved to not let them steal from my future any more... I AM BECOMING... I AM His daughter.... I AM learning more and more each day what that means... and what that looks like.......

GO ON!!! Get out of here!!!

Or as Paul had said once ...

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments: