Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I want to be like Him.... being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another...

I want to be like Him.. truly like Him and I have an idea though I understand completely that it isn't complete what that means.... I want to be like Him.... I want to see those that society doesn't and be His hands...

I want to be like Him ... truly like Him as I live my life in and around communities of faith.... I want to see the Marys and the Johns and those whose friendships grant strength to me... I want to see the Nicodemuses , those religious leaders of the day that are willing to search Him out and find Him .... I want to see Lazaruses, those that once knew what it was like to be dead and are now alive....

I want to be like Him.... stealing away for private moments with the Father... overturning tables within His very temple.... saying not my will but yours be done... walking the way to the cross and then dying to my life and my ways so that life can really be lived....

I want to be like Him... knowing whose He was and who He was and not bending to the ideas of others of who and what He should be............

I want to be like Him... having grace for the Thomases and the Peters and the Sons of thunder of the day.....

I want to be like Him .... Kindness and gentleness dripping off of Him... aware of the power that flowed forth from Him but recognizing at all times the source....

I want to be like Him beyond that I would ever want or desire... I want to be like Him

But when(Z) one[d] turns to the Lord,(AA) the veil is removed. 17Now the Lord[e]is the Spirit, and where(AB) the Spirit of the Lord is, there is(AC) freedom. 18And we all, with unveiled face,(AD) beholding(AE) the glory of the Lord,[f](AF) are being transformed into the same image(AG) from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:16

No comments: