Sunday, February 27, 2011

Learning How to Walk Towards Him... A Child's Journey Away From Fear....

How did this love affair start? How do I lay out a path that others can walk upon towards a Father's heart so huge and full? While paths have as many varieties as there are persons... I do believe there are some commonalities that can assist within the journey of stepping into dancing with the Father and His affections...

I remember so many things at this moment...

From the moment when at a meeting Jesus stood before me removing a veil and saying to me I want to introduce you to Someone... And there was a slight glimpse of Father... barely could I look... barely could I receive...

I remember the first time I saw a house (in the spirit) which I knew was Father's house and I stood at the gate and couldn't even venture up the path to the door... but I stood at the gate and One walked out of the door and so gently and kindly approached but even at His approach I shuttered and lowered my head and could not look up....

I remember being wooed by kindness... and courted by gentleness ... persuaded by patience... enticed by sweetness... and won over by a determined, focused, persistent affection that never wavered ... was always steady and resolute that I would become the daughter He always saw me as being.. He unyielding relentless actions towards me to heal me and grant me eyes to see and ears to hear and a heart that could receive have utterly revolutionized all that I am.....

I remember His words over my life when upon life I was able to receive them ... when I heard Him whisper my name... and I heard Him whisper I was His... and I heard Him whisper into the depths of my being I was loved... and I heard Him whisper into my heart the word daughter... It was a whisper into my being and a shout into the air..... I belonged to Him... I bear His image... His likeness... Orphan no longer... Fathered all too well...........................

So here... here is where I state the first steps.... that moved me beyond overlaying upon Him my life and my view of father... that moved me beyond a cowering fearful captive to a daughter standing bold and beautiful and full of grace and joy smiling at the face of Father...

I let Him love me... I let Him heal me... I let Him touch places so full of horror and pain ... I let Him wash my eyes and remove lens that hindered me... I let Him love me... I let Him love me... I laid down pride... prejudice... fear... judgment.... and I learned to pick up grace... mercy... love... tenderness..... forgiveness... joy and delight....

Pick up delight... pick up delight.... pick up delight... pick up delight... pick up delight... He delights over you.. sings... beckons... dances.... holds... embraces.... all of you.... breath Him in .. and pick up delight

No comments: