Monday, February 21, 2011

A girl in love .... simple and profound... ordinary and extraordinary

I Saw You Today...................

A dream of a girl.... full of love and hope.... eyes fixed ..... heart glued.......

Welcome to what I believe will be a new project..... one of many......
Today I saw Him and as I did I felt Him woo me over to the sofa.... as we sat and I watched Him and watched Him watching me I could feel His heart....
Pictures of other times flashed through my head....

The times with His messengers... The times with Him.... Times within Creation.... Times rich and full ... whether visible or invisible... whether a roar and a shout or a sweet sweet whisper...... And I could fill Him pulling me in and telling me ... "I saw you today...."

It was Him saying to me and Him wanting me to say it back to Him....... There is a very natural and beautiful way about us... He and I ... no hype... no drama... just a girl and her Love..... and I am seen and He is seen... I am seen and aspects of His life and Kingdom are seen.... I am seen by Him and relish in all that that entails... the good, the bad, the ugly, the profane, the beautiful.... because He changes it all... He changes it all when He is seen....

His messengers bring forth comfort... strength... encouragement.... His pictures and His stories and His offered glimpses into His realm only serve to do the same.... I am girl who walks with her Lord... and there is everything and nothing special about it all at the same time....

So welcome to my daily devotional.... It will have another place soon.... but for now this will do..... It will be a daily bread of sorts... a come and eat and see and be seen offering......

Today's is this....

I saw Him and I knew there was both correction and joy in His stance..... the joy had to do with the fact that I had saturated myself so in His love that the correction was landing well... not as rebuke or as condemnation.... but simply as a correction in how I was dancing with life and with Him.... and His joy over flowed over me because I could receive it and relish the fact that He loves me enough to challenge all that I would be that is other than Him....... In His image but with my fingerprint... dead yet alive... such a journey this is... what a most marvelous dance..... I love His songs of correction as they are song over me... they woo my heart into His ways and His thoughts... and that is the most beautiful and treasured thing a girl in love with her Lord could ask for..............

No comments: