Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am not fancy.. I am not glamorous ... I am not sexy and all dressed up for the show ... I am just a girl in love with a most magnificent Father who needs to tell you so

A smile crossed my face as I heard Him whisper good morning ...  As I saw Him .. He lightly touched my forehead and I saw His smile and I heard His words of affection and deep deep love


While I am obviously not an infant in the natural .. Far from it... I got this picture of a Father coming to His daughter's crib in the morning and just watching and delighting in a daughter...


 I know that picture well... I go into my daughters' room and see my sweet Elizabeth in her crib ... Laying there.. Still sleepy from the evening's journey ... I watch and delight in her  .. I notice the details that are her and I smile and this morning's moments with Him were nothing less than like that


I saw you waking up this morning... I watched as your eyes opened .. As you stretched your arms behind your head and then did that thing you do with your feet and stretched again...  I watched you notice Me and I saw your smile and great delight warmed my heart


I whispered out loud my thoughts of you to you so that you would know how much pleasure resides in my heart over you... 


I thought of other seasons throughout your life ... As I watched you grow... My eyes never removed from you but your eyes hadn't learned to see me but I watched over you and sung my songs over you and beckoned you forward


These days as I see you and you see me my heart is warm and full and made satisfied  for my child ... My daughter watches me now as I watch her and you see me now as I see you and it brings great delight to my heart that you have turned your face towards me for I have turned my face to you....


Father to behold you upon the moment of awakening.. You are my very first and best thought.... Your loves saturated my flesh and filled out all of that which I am ...  I delight in You .. 


You complete my joy... Just You ... Without thought of one thing You do I am made satisfied just because You are and You are closer than near


I could feel my heart shift... Upon the deep expressions of love being shared a seed of gratitude slipped into my heart and becoming weepy I acknowledged how completely full of thankfulness I am for all that He has done....


Beyond salvation ... Beyond transformation.. He wasn't satisfied with my heart being satisfied with other things... Because it had been satisfied at different places of working for Him or different plateaus .. 


I had allowed the lesser things to satisfy but NOT Him ... He would not allow them to satisfy because He who fashioned and fixed my heart knew intricately that which would truly bring me to life ...


He causes me to walk the heights with Him and He has given me the hinds feet to do so .... 


I am not a special creature... I am just a girl in love with her Father and believing the truth  of His never-ending love and that He is for me....


This morning I saw You and you saw me and I am left forever changed

2 comments:

Dixiemom7 said...

That was lovely. As the mom of 7 kids, I truly believe that being a parent helps you understand that facet of God a LOT better!!! The empathy of parenthood. I'm in love with my Father too!

mims said...

Parenthood has been an amazing teacher.... thank you for your encouragement ... Isn't our Father amazing? Wonderful and beautiful... astonishing simple and yet Master of all... so blows my heart away every time...every time... Bless you and thank you so much for sharing