Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Redemption Song..... Part One


If you get in the car with me these days the first thing you will hear is music, #8 to be exact. #8 on the cd our church in Charlotte, Renovatus, put out not to long ago. The song is called Burning Coals, and it is written and sung by some amazing people.

I can't get through this song these days without weeping. I'll tell you more about why in a moment but for now here are the Lyrics and the link where you can go hear it for yourself.

I was walkin' in the Carolina soil
Diggin' my toes into the earth
Watchin' the river snaking by
and there my soul was satisfied
The dragon flies were buzzing through the air
echoing the Maker's grand design
I sat at the base of that old hollow tree
and listened to Creation's melody
And the glory of the Lord filled the temple
The brightness of His glory lingered there
The sound of angels' wings rumbled through the earth
The voice of God Almighty thundered there
The angel took the coal from the altar
He placed that burnin' cinder 'pon my mouth
He said, "Your guilt is done and your sins forgiven"
I will rejoice in this redemption song
When the rain came pouring down
My soul soaked up the sound
Up from the ground sprung everlasting water
And there my soul was satisfied





As the month of February approached I felt the Lord calling me to write, and telling me I would write the first of this series of fictional books based on my life in one month. Now in the beginning of the month that was daunting. As I sat and saw that 20,000 words were put together but that there was still so far to go, I had no clue how it was all going to happen.

On February 27, while still much editting needs to be put into play, The Confessor Book One was done sitting currently at 100,970 words. We printed it out. I wept as I held it. I put Burning Coals on, as the lyrics are actually the last words in the book. (Thank you Meredith:) )

I wept. Currently I have one “send me the whole transcript” and one rejection as we walk out finding a book agent. Please keep that in prayer.

Moving on...

The lyrics that get me every time.. every time... if I'm not crying by this point.. I'll be weeping after they are sung are these...

He said, "Your guilt is done and your sins forgiven"
I will rejoice in this redemption song”

Even writing them I feel the emotion. This is an emotional time. I hold over 450 pages in my hands that span my lifetime. Where I have been, where I am and where it is I am going.

You know where it says Jesus came for the sick... Mark 2:17 And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

You know where Paul speaks in In 1Timothy 1:15,
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” I feel the reality of that but more than being a chief of all sinners I feel those last words of Burning Coals,

He said, "Your guilt is done and your sins forgiven" I will rejoice in this redemption song”

Burning deeper and deeper into me. Not just for the things I did before I knew Him but for every day. My life as a Redemption Song. It lands on my heart and takes my breath away. “He said, “Your guilt is done and your sins forgiven.” I do rejoice. I feel the aspect of redemption upon my life more and more thoroughly then ever before.

The depth of gratitude. The depth of joy. The depth of understanding that I could have never earned it. But again not for just initial salvation but for every day. Every day I need to be reminded that my guilt is done and my sins forgiven and hear the truth of my redemption song.

Thank you Tolentinos, thank you Renovatus. You have taught me this oh so very well and for you I am beyond full of gratitude.





No comments: