Sunday, March 17, 2013

Reflections with the phone in the dash...

It was one of those moments where thoughts swirled and swirled and swirled.....

What was I going to do?

Should I turn on music?

Should I call a friend?

Should I enter into silence?

I had this message swirling in my head that I'm going to be giving soon... These ideas of pausing... pausing and reflection.  The word "Selah" filled my head... so putting my phone up on the dash board... I started to just talk through things I had been thinking about for the message.  Sort of a practice run that became the real deal.

Not only did I emerge settled... I was caught up into those things that truly matter....  Whether one is physically hungry or spiritually starving the need of the individual is to be fed..  The truths of blessed are those who huger and thirst filled my being.. the promise of being made full ... full with righteousness... Full of rightness..

Do our eyes see as the world would have us see?  Or do we have eyes that truly see?  Do we align ourselves with the world view of the gospels?  Do we enter into the rest of God and find salvation and strength?  Do we ask to eyes and hearts that see and perceive as Christ or do we presume upon others that which the world values?


"In repentance and rest you will be saved, In quietness and trust is your strength." Isaiah 30:15

That verse has been swirling around in my mind alongside all the other thoughts...  and today the truths it speaks merged with the idea of pause, meditation, selah.....

Just me sharing these  thoughts of mine....  taking a few minutes to share how powerful entering into the Selahs and pauses of God can truly be.....



No comments: