Friday, March 15, 2013

There was nothing left to say... Except, "Can I call you?"



My hand within his hand caused great harm....

I struggle with a moment from my life when the hand of my father covered mine and those things that followed that moment.  While there is more freedom in my heart than I ever anticipated walking within this event still had its capacity to haunt me.

The transitions and circumstances of life have been swirling in marvelous opportunities to enter into a whole new realm of trust.  Yesterday while circumstances continued to pour out their ambiguity and  some false beliefs were attempting to push within upon my soul, I prayed that Father would take me into His arms in a whole new way.

Shamelessly in need of Him, unabashadly placing myself before Heaven declaring that need... Asking Him the questions of what does it mean for you to be my Father in these moments?  I need you.. What does it look like for you to Father me here?

I did not need some trite, self made religious response nor some well made choice towards righteousness, as profitable as that last one is I needed more... I needed Him.  I needed a moment to be solely Him.

Enter this beautiful new friend who started Facebook messaging me in the evening.

Peace ebbed and flowed throughout the day and throughout the day there were moments of sorrow and there were moments of worship and there were moments of calm and there were moments as if I was a newborn babe, I cried forth my need for Abba.

I would walk through the day.  I would be productive and I would be still.  I would reach out to Him and I would reach out to friends.  I would sit. I would sit and wait for Him.  I would sit and wait for Him and I would weep.

As the day ended and in faith I believed that He was moving...  A moment that could only come straight from His heart was about to unfold.

Her message came as His voice came... "I'm about to heal your heart." And He spoke about my future and where He was leading me...   Then her message, "Can I show you a quick painting I did about the writing thing?"  I truly appreciate this woman's talent.  I wrote back, "I would love to see it."  



Is what came as I pressed the link!

A picture of the Heavenly Father's hand, My Father's hand, over a child's hand, my hand,  and they were writing together... This was the promise the Lord gave the artist.  This woman had never heard any part of my story.  Stunned. Absolutely stunned. Moved into a place I could not even express, I asked her, "Can I call you?"

I think a dear dear friend who I shared this moment with gave me the most precious verse to attach to this whole moment, from Deuteronomy 2:7  ---  "The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands.  He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you and you have not lacked anything!!!"

I am 41 and while this past year has had it's formidable moments I have been hearing the Lord declare that the Winter has passed .. The words out of Song of Solomon have riveted my soul.  I have stepped into writing in ways I haven't before and we are approached a geographical move and while the winds and the waves still rage the promises of Christ and the immense affection of Father are declaring, "We are going to the other side."

To now have this image before me of the Father's hand over a child's hand and they are writing together washes away the images of yesterday... May His grace and kindness spread over you and may your hearts thrive under the tender, passionate, jealous affections of our God!

Chrisie Council is the artist of this magnificent picture... This is her blog:  http://www.christinecouncil.com/writing-with-my-daddy.html

2 comments:

Christine Council said...

Love you...beyond words <3 Thank you for sharing with me... I am honored and humbled.

Anonymous said...

Deeply moved by this...
Thank you x