Thursday, March 14, 2013

Between you and I....

"You need something... a gift... something special.  Something that is just between you and Him."  Those were the words my friend spoke to me before I had even known the Lord for a few months.

Looking down at the pond and watching the ripples cross the water I thought that every time I would look at water I would remember this moment.  That that would be what our "special something" was....

Special somethings between me and Him.  Special somethings between my God and I.

These days, currently,  have me stepping into multiple writing projects.  The newest of which is entitled, Heaven's Eyes:  A journey of a child finding a father....

Where my husband has written an amazing book for Seers entitled, The Modern Seer, this book will take the tone of a relational journey of a seer finding Father God...

This story of the V of birds was one of my first gifts.....


In the days following my friend's declaration to me that I must have a signature gift from God I spent more time by the watery lakes at this Christian college than anywhere else.  Watching the ripples and watching the movement of the water and watching the affects the winds would have upon its surface.

Jesus would catch my attention and woo me towards another place... and as we broke out of the wooden area into the clearing, He would speak, "look up."

Not one... not two... not ten... the sky filled with V after V of Canadian Geese flying over head... Hundreds of them all flying perfectly in these very defined and very long Vs. "That's your gift." He would say.

Twenty years have passed...  and those dearest to me know the kisses and the moments through out my life where even in places and seasons where the geese don't fly they most certainly do for me....  I think my favorite story was eighteen years ago.. In a dream a V of geese flew over head and then the Lord woke me up, "go outside." He would say.  The moment my foot hit the dirt by the door my eyes lifted and there in the sky was a V of geese.  "I promise you." He said.

He was speaking on some very tender places I was walking and He was pulling out all the stops.



Then came the day again many years ago when Jim and I were in Virginia at a pastor's conference.  Everyone else was driving to the conference center, but I knew I was supposed to walk there....  And I knew that He was directing my path very specifically.  On my way to the meetings I passed a florist and there were white roses in the window.  "You're my white rose." He said... And I pulled from all the imagery and all the meaning that that has scripturally  and thought it sweet. 

I thought it sweet.  

Then in a display that only our Father can pull off He would bring me to my knees.  Weeks after the conference, I was back home in the Manhattan area.  And He would smile, He would smile and He would say, "look."  

And as I did. As I looked up and over to my left... Not one... Not two..  but a dozen of White Rose trucks would drive by... Now if you have never seen a white rose truck again you could think "sweet."

Except there is a line of copy that they have written upon their trucks.  There is a white rose and then there are the words that say, "White Rose You Deserve The Best."


"Never will I leave you.. Never will I forsake you."

In a moment it went from sweet to powerful and awe inspiring...


The flowers of the field... The birds of the air... He is ever mindful of them... He is ever mindful of us...  Between He and I, Between you and Him.. there lays a most majestic and personal love relationship that nothing can ever touch.......


It so thoroughly reminds me of the song, Abandon, that a friend of ours, Josh Young, sing...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqvCo4JpXAA&list=PL5623B67D1D706A42&index=1


Enjoy...

Much Love and Affection to You!!!


No comments: