Sunday, March 17, 2013

What better knowledge in the whole wide world is there? What more significant truth is there ever to obtain?


And He watched over me before I knew Him and before I learned sense or even distinguished between good and evil.”
St. Patrick


Oh my, how great is the comfort I take in the knowledge of having been and of being and of that fact that I always will be watched over. Watched over and loved and cherished and cared for... what better knowledge in the whole wide world is there? What more significant truth is there ever to obtain?



I closed my eyes and before I could fall asleep, I could sense His presence and I could feel His finger upon my right temple. I saw a picture of a tree. The leaves of which were magnificent. They were bright and colorful. Except they weren't of fall. They would be the colors you could picture the leaves would be if Spring had colors be upon the leaves. Shades of pastels except bright and vibrant some shades of which I had never seen.


“Pray.” He spoke. “These leaves are for the healing of the peoples. ”


In a moment I could feel my heart settle into a place of authenticity I had not ever felt before. So settled beyond anything I have ever experienced. More alive to the reality that is encompassed within our God.


I opened my eyes and again closed them, breathed in deeply.


How much tries to steal this place from me? How often I let it?


Settled into this place it was as if I was engulfed within and surrounded by a grace that had me feeling weightless and floating and yet strong and held. Encapsulated within Him so thoroughly that nothing that wasn't of Him could touch my person. How can I live forth from this place? How does this place remain?


How do I move forward within that place when so much else exists to capture my attentions and tell my soul otherwise?


In walking in those other places, those places where my soul feels so very pulled upon and my affections are not settled by the peace of Heaven, I have been asking God so often lately, “How do you Father me here?” How, here in this place, do you come and love me and Father me? How, here in this place, do I capture the reality of daughter and walk within it?


I am no longer apologetic for my need for God, nor do I any longer think I am a special case. I've heard things such as that because of my past I REALLY need God, and I have bought into that perception. That is until lately. We all REALLY need God. Some times I am just satisfied to not.


I thoroughly need the love of Father. Daily.. more than water. If I could go biologically three days without water, I can not fathom a day, or a portion of the day without Him. I never not want to be a daughter in need, in need of His love, in need of His affections, in need of His ways.


Setting my eyes upon Him, as He is above, as He is here upon the earth I am more settled. I am more entuned with the rhythm of Christ's heart, when He, Himself, spoke that He did nothing apart from the Father. If that was Christ's heart how much more does it have to be mine?


In wanting to live the most authentic life possible I settle into the immense capacity of my God to Father me and to love me, from that place I flow forth with oceans of mercy and rivers of grace. It is finding that place daily, moment by moment, that is my journey.... and when finding it … it is staying there. Nothing is more important. Nothing is more critical. Nothing more essential



No comments: