Monday, April 22, 2013

When the world says dark I say light...... when the world sees bones I see an exceedingly great army... when people say they see no hope for you I say that there is more hope than you can fathom.... Because I serve an amazing God... and He sees everything very differently than man

So I came up into the prophetic through a  man by the name of John Paul Jackson.  A beautiful human being who taught about the voice of God and hearing that voice as being something open to all.  A man who taught character before gifting and taught the difference between the man and the gift,  a man who authentically knows God and His ways.  I grew up under his ministry and Jim was on staff for a season.


I bring JP up because this weekend during the most brilliant sermon I have ever heard, http://renovatuschurch.com/media.php?pageID=5  Building Bridges to the Future,  preached in a mighty fashion by Jonathan Martin of Renovatus Church in Charlotte, NC I heard the same exact heart.  John Paul used to share that there was a time when he would tell people that which he saw in their lives,  everything... and as he tells the story the crowds dwindled.  When he sought the Lord on this, God shared with him, this thing that I have held deep into my heart.  The Lord told JP that people know where they are, they know their sin... what they don't know is how God sees them and the hope that the Lord has for their future.


Again in a powerful sermon, Jonathan Martin went exactly there... In a world full of darkness it does not take a prophet to tell the world that it is dark.  In a dark world, where the love of most is growing colder and colder, it takes a voice to say... HEY, you all.. living in the land of death shade and darkness GUESS WHAT?!?!?!  There is a mighty light that has dawned!!!


HEY, you ... Pile of dry bones... GUESS WHAT YOUR REAL STORY IS?!?!?!?!


YOU END UP BEING AN EXCEEDINGLY GREAT ARMY!!!


No more pile of dry bones... now resurrected .. full of life... full of hope.. full of strength.. .full of power....  EXCEEDINGLY GREAT ARMY!!!!


My mother didn't need a prophet to tell her that I was in a mental hospital, that I was abused, that I was a pile of dry bones...  My mother needed someone who could hear the voice of God and catch a glimpse of what His heart for my life, for ALL life, is....


The world says this girl, your daughter will or should never get married, should never have children, will live behind the locked doors of a mental hospital... but guess what the Lord has a plan for her life, plans to prosper her and NOT harm her, plans to give her hope and a future... PLANS....  HOPE..... LIFE.....  Guess what?!?!?!  She will be married!!! She will have six amazing children!!! She will stomp on the head of the serpent and she will not only not live within the walls of a psych hospital she will help set the captives free!!!!!


There was nothing of that to be seen in the natural but it was and  is in the heart of God... Not for some... Not for a special few BUT for ALL!!!!


But Mims I am not prophetic... you don't have to be.. Know your God and arise and display strength and take action.... Doesn't scripture say that we are altogether beautiful without spot or blemish?  Do you believe it?  WELL.. DO YOU?!?!


Listen, I have six children just because I tell all six that I love them doesn't make that less true for any one of them... Scripture is true. Period.  It is that which I orient my whole life around!  It is the word of God that has set me free, birthed hope, courage and truth into me and transformed my life, renewed my mind and restored my soul.  Scripture DOES say... You are altogether beautiful without spot or blemish. Song of Solomon 4:7


So if you are seeing the mud or spots on you then you are looking at the wrong picture....  If you are seeing darkness I say opportunity .. great opportunity for light to shine.. you see sin abounding I see opportunity for greater grace to flow... No, as Jonathan preaches this isn't a name it.. claim it.. get your Rolls Royce and Rolex... IT IS WAY BETTER THAN THAT... It is attach yourself to the truth of the word of God and THRIVE and LIVE BEYOND YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION...


THIS IS TRANSFORMATION... THIS IS THE WORD OF GOD... HE BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US AND SHOWED US THE WAY....  TAKING HIM AT HIS WORD AND BEING TRANSFORMED IS A PICTURE OF OUR GRATITUDE...

No comments: