Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Ever more thoroughly aware....

"You are intimately acquainted with all my ways."  Psalm 139:3


I sit in that passage...


I am known...


Known in good times....


Known in sad times...


Known in times of struggle and sin...


Known in times of joy and delight.....


Known....


Intimately known....  thoroughly known... thoroughly known and not ever forsaken.  Thoroughly known and never rejected.  Absolutely and intimately known and thoroughly received.


In places where I can't discern or know for myself, I am known.... so then I can be instructed... He can lead me into all truth because He knows where it is I am and where it is that I need to go.  He can be trusted way beyond my capacity to even understand how thoroughly He can be trusted.


"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the  Father's hand."  John 10:29

What confidence that gives....


What joy....


What fullness...


It is the reality that scripture speaks forth that pulls me into greater and greater freedom.  When I contemplate the power and authority of God, and that He knows me intimately and that nothing can take me out of His hand.  When I step into that place and allow it to wash over me and through me and surround me then I awaken to the reality of how thoroughly I am loved and cared for ...  When I lift my eyes from the soil of this earth and set my focus upon the reality of Father's heart for me than I am changed...


When I set my affections on things above and take the Lord at His word my life is changed.  Situations and circumstances that are being walked out aren't necessarily being altered but I am being changed and the difference is profound.


Perspective....


There isn't a moment that God isn't aware of me, there isn't a moment where I am out of His shadow, there isn't a moment when I am out of His hand...  It compels me towards Him all the more... For when He is that thoroughly aware of me... He can bring me into the place where I am that thoroughly aware of Him and my goodness there is nothing else I want... than that... to be ever more  thoroughly aware of Him ....




No comments: