Tuesday, April 2, 2013

This is the time when it IS more than OK to REBEL......


This new chapter of this blog began with the question, "Are your ready to say good-bye to fear?"  And the journey began with research into my real name.  

I had found this article, http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/248870/jewish/Miriam-Tambourines-of-Rebellion.htm ,  and it birthed something so very deep within me....

Here is a quote, 

"hundreds of years in bitter exile -- after witnessing acts of utter barbarism, after weeping rivers of tears for the babies torn from their arms, after seeing their children cemented alive into brick walls to fill missing quotas -- what did these women prepare while still slaves in Egypt?
What was on the minds of these women who had seen affliction beyond the human breaking point? What was on the hearts of these women who bore too much anguish to fathom? What do their worn, tired, tortured and beaten bodies carry out of Egypt?
Tambourines.
Instruments with which to sing and praise their G-d for the miracles they knew would come to be.
Engulfed in misery, the women did not lose their vision. Mourning their murdered children with their feminine sensitivity more keenly than any of their male counterparts possibly could, the women found the strength to fortify themselves not to lose hope.
The women found meri, Miriam's spirit of rebellion. They would rebel against depression that would have been a natural outgrowth of such circumstances. They would rebel against apathy. They would rebel against hopelessness.
Amidst their agony, the women prepared tambourines. They fanned the spark of yearning within their worn souls until it grew into an overpowering, inextinguishable flame of faith.
As bitter as their lives became, their faith grew stronger.
Certain beyond a shred of doubt that their G-d would remember them, their only concern was being adequately prepared to sing with the appropriate expressions of joy for the miracles that were sure to occur!"

This morning I woke up to the remembrances of this quote... "They would rebellion against depression that would have been a natural outgrowth of such circumstances.  They would rebel against apathy.  They would rebel against hopelessness."

I have taken both comfort and strength from the Psalms... they are great tutors on the road out of exile, out of depression, out of slavery....  Psalm 42:6 - 11 ...

O my God, my soul is in despair within me; Therefore I remember You from the land of the Jordan And the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.  Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls; All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.  The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life. 
I will say to God my rock, "Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?" As a shattering of my bones, my adversaries revile me, While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"  Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.

Psalm 61:2   From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Your heart grows faint... My heart grows faint...  Despair within... oppression from the enemies that rage against our being.. adversaries....  THEIR reality DOESN'T get to dictate or determine REALITY.

REBEL!!!!

This morning I woke up to the remembrances of this quote... "They would rebellion against depression that would have been a natural outgrowth of such circumstances.  They would rebel against apathy.  They would rebel against hopelessness."

"As bitter as their lives became, their faith grew stronger."      
Certain beyond a shred of doubt that their G-d would remember them, their only concern was being adequately prepared to sing with the appropriate expressions of joy for the miracles that were sure to occur!"

Honestly there have been times I haven't been able to stand with a "shred of a doubt" that our God would remember me.  I have been in the place of "Why have you forgotten me?"  But then I have rebelled against that place... some how found my legs to stand...  Just out of defiance at times... Nobody thinks I am going to be standing after this... everybody thinks this is the end....  EXCEPT DRY BONES RISE and FORM a MOST excellent ARMY.  Through grit and shear determination to cling to the truth of our God... I placed myself before Him.. over and over and over again... screaming ... REMEMBER ME!!!  REMEMBER ME!!!

And I worship... I acknowledge truth...  and I run to Him....  
"Can a woman forget her nursing child And have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you.  Isaiah 49:15

This is the time to REBEL against ...  this is the time to stand in rebellion and placing yourself before the Lord and worship... worship and acknowledge the you will never be forgotten.

He will heal those places within that don't know that firmly as truth... He will bring all the pieces of your life back together again from being scattered... HE is FAITHFUL to MOVE on your BEHALF!

REBEL!!!!!




No comments: