Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What is God's answer in the moment? Take ALL Thoughts Captive ... DAY 3

A friend was telling me this story of these orphaned children and the plight of life that they live under, they aren't being allowed to be adopted, they currently live in an orphanage run by those that  love them but they must leave when they are 18, but because they are foreigners within this specific country they can not get jobs and life is pretty dim.


As I heard about their story my heart lifted to the Lord.  They are the apple of His eye, they stand in the palm of His hand, nothing can pluck them from that place... Those words are scripture and they are true. PERIOD.  But what about the practical reality of their life?


As I listened to my friend telling about these children,  my heart focused upon the Lord.  What is Your answer for these children, Father?  I know what you say over their lives BUT how does that manifest practically in their lives?


In a moment I thought about the poor, the displaced, the shut in.  I thought about our God and how we are told that His eye is upon the sparrow and He watches over us, that if we who are evil desire to give good gifts to our children how much more so does He.


I have put before the Lord numerous times as of late the question, What is Your answer for this?  In putting my life into this process of 100 days that I felt the Lord calling me into, Taking all thoughts captive,  I am learning so much about the truth that His ways are not our ways... and His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways and thoughts are much higher than.  His regard for creation and humanity .. His passion, His affection is immense..


Truly all that is upon my heart, probably would take a theologian to be able to more aptly express, and within more room than a blog post would ever truly allow.  However, having said that... there is a transformation in "seeing" as He sees and allowing His ways to come and transform both perception and world view.  In stepping into that place and laying a hold of the heart beat of the beatitudes we see the reality of life as our God would have us see.


The truth also is I don't know what God's answer is to those kids in that moment. Not fully.  First of all I am not them.  I am not in that situation. I am not living out their days.  I lived my own days that were seemingly full of hopeless situations and have seen hope emerge into places I never could have dreamed it would.

 I do also know this, as a complete stranger who heard of their story, I now pray for them and will do so as their story has so thoroughly impacted my heart.  Secondly, I serve a God who had a plan for His people as they wandered the deserts and were fed, and clothed and kept safe.  If He would could keep an entire nation covered I stand under the belief that He is watching over children that the world has seemingly forgotten.  If He could find me, an unbelieving girl raised in the Jewish tradition, in a psych hospital and appear to me and fill me with His love than I can take comfort in the fact that He sees all and knows all!


Living my life in this season and in stepping into this call to take all thoughts captive, is a deeper place than any experience I have walked through and in.  I am purposefully with choice aligning my life continually as much as I know how to the ways and truth of the Lord.  Learning to trust and hold onto that which He says above any other notion, fear, false belief, etc.


So hard moments?  Moments full of more than I think I can handle?  How many times have I said and heard say, Well, I guess He says He doesn't give us more than we can handle.. I'm glad He thinks this is being "handled?"   Except that is true.  IT IS TRUTH!  He really doesn't give us more than we can handle. And when the pressure and the heat is turned up and the agony is being felt and the place of being overwhelmed would want to consume.. We can stand boldly and confidently in that place and say, "What is your answer for this moment?"  His answers will always have life and hope attached firmly within them.


I'm not talking about some light hearted come into agreement and name it and claim it.. I'm saying GO TO THE MAT!!!!  Be like Jacob.  Things are hard. Somethings are beyond brutal.  But in those moments I have learned that the only posture to take is to lean and lean and lean all the more as the circumstances and situations try to rage.


Yesterday I wrote about being in the shadow of the Almighty.  Being cared for from that place.  Acknowledging that He has me and He is aware of me and He is working all things for my good.   I can now, a tiny step out of this last very long painful season, see the goodness of God in the land of the living and IT ISN'T BECAUSE THE CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE CHANGED!!!!!!   It is because I see the change the circumstances have been working in me...


Listen and I won't stand on this soap box because it really isn't for me to sort out... But I do have a pet peeve with the movement of churches today that put on a great show and draw a crowd and promise the "good life" for all those that believe.  Painting pictures of cheap grace and lessening the reality of what the gospel really calls us towards...  The LIFE Jesus really does supply to all.... poor, rich, educated, simple, etc etc etc....


The only answers that will truly fill our lives with the capacity to live life more abundantly as we were created to live is asking the question, God what is your answer in this moment?  What does He say in regards to the circumstances we find ourselves in.  This also isn't the place to be trite with scripture.  He is always abounding with compassion.  He is always full of mercy, grace, and love.  We are not called to yield a sword and cut people down with it... the word of God brings life, hope and restoration!


Those who know their God will display strength and take action... BUT WE FIRST MUST KNOW HIM!!!!  I don't get "special revelation"  when asking this question... more times than not He directs me to His word and proclaims the truth into my being...


Here is the next question... Am I capable of receiving His answer for the moment?  Even when it is not what I want to hear?  Can I see what He says from a lens of the fact that He is loving and wanting life for me?  Can I trust Him?  And when trust becomes the issue am I willing to hold on to that which has been revealed to me through His word?


Taking all thoughts captive.. hhhmmm, this place .. these steps are places of discipline.  As an athlete getting ready for his competition, so must the believer make the choices to live according to the ways of the Lord and not after his own thoughts and opinions.  It does matter what it is that we are believing.


My past, my present.. my situations and circumstances.. the sickness of a son, the disability of another child, the bewilderment of the day or future.. nothing gets to separate me from the love or truth of God...  I'm plugging into His thoughts and opinions and recognition... and in three days I am seeing amazing transformation!!  Not ecstatic experience but incredible transformative  true power!  It is the word of God... It is being spoken!  It has been written...  It is powerful...


There is healing and hope for the heart that struggles to truly be able to lay a hold of the truth of God... take hope, take courage... place your heart before Him and He will woo you towards His ways...


Remember in all things there is NO CONDEMNATION....  This is renewing your heart and mind towards His ways...  away from the lies, deception, destruction, and theft (from the enemy.)  Our God arises on our behalf... His compassion and His mercy.. His grace and His love are powerful...

Learning to take all thoughts captive is transforming me and calling me deeper and deeper into the reality of His heart... so ever grateful... Share your stories as you walk.. renewing your mind, taking all thoughts captive... aligning your life to the ways of Heaven.. to the ways of our God!

No comments: