Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 2: Taking thoughts captive... This transformation thing is amazing...

I sit here tonight and while tears aren't falling my insides feel as if it is Christmas morning.


Taking every thought captive.


They might be loud.  They may be consistent.  They may be easier to hear.  They might be all you have ever heard all your life. That doesn't make them right.


2 Corinthians 10:5

We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.


The thoughts and opinions of men, the standards and measurements of the world, the lies that feed upon and are fed from such an early age.  


What is beauty?

What is success?


Who is smart?


What if in so many ways we have adopted the attributes of a foreign culture more then the reality of our God?   This world is not our home.  We have our citizenship coming forth from another place.  That place sets the absolute reality for all that we are. PERIOD.


I have nothing truly profound that has happened in these few days that I have taken up this project of "taking all thoughts captive."  I am more aware of the false conclusions that lodge within my heart and mind.  I am more aware of what it is that I am going to say.  I watch my words more carefully.  Not out of religious obligation or some sense of duty but more thoroughly coming forth from a place of understanding what true life is really about.


Today as I drove home from a friend's house I entered into a very long shadow and the thoughts that I am always under the shadow of the Most High filled my soul.  Nothing more.  No special moment.  BUT TRUTH.  I sat in it for the rest of the ride home. I dwell in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 91:1

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty

Psalm 17:8

Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings

Psalm 36:7

How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Deuteronomy 32:10

He found him in a desert land, And in the howling waste of a wilderness; He encircled him, He cared for him, He guarded him as the pupil of His eye.


For someone who loves the experience and tangible relationship with God I am entering into a depth of relationship with Him in ways that have me standing in awe.  The understanding of this time that is filling the essence of all that I am is the truth of God as it is firmly established in His word.

What do I believe?  What do I really believe?  And if I really do believe this then how does my life play it out?  I am not trying to attain to anything in the flesh but I am letting the Word of God do what it does best.. BRING LIFE... Transform.. RENEW MY MIND...  

How beautiful are those scriptures above... How powerful their truths....  Meditate on them with me tonight... Are there places within your life that these don't "feel" true?  Are there places in your heart that you wonder what does this really mean, to take refuge in the shadow of His wings?   ASK HIM.  I AM.

More and more and more... Father what does it mean to live in a place of refuge that is within the shadow of your wings?  Father what does it mean to be cared for by you?  What does it mean to be the apple of your eye? What does it mean ?  What does it look like?  How do these truths transform my thinking, my life?  How do these truths fill my soul and revolutionize the way I live forward?


I am asking and asking and asking and taking delight in His word in ways I haven't always stepped into.  There is such a solid place when you stand in the gap for yourself and those you love and say, NO, to the false conclusions, say, NO, to the lies and accusations of the world, of the enemy, of your own flesh.  IT IS POWERFUL to align all that you are with the Word and Truth of God.


Day 2 has found a smile upon my face as I contemplate and meditate and challenge myself to align all that I am with the truth of God.  


Taking every thought captive!!!


What a journey!


Hey if you hit a road block and realize that a false conclusion holds great weight within your heart be gentle and kind to yourself.. REMEMBER there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ... You are His workmanship.... He started a good work and He is bringing it to completion.. There is abundant grace... there is immeasurable love.. the shadow of the Lord Most High is a refuge and a safe place, and a place to sit and dwell and allow Him to remove from you all that would hinder you as you journey further and further into His heart....

Fantastic DAY 2.... 



 

No comments: