Sunday, April 21, 2013

Transformation.. what does it look like? Choices....

I needed to get away.  I needed to go to a place where no one else would be and so I kept walking, down the street, avoiding the benches by the water, I knew others would come after lunch and I wanted to be alone.  I saw a path that led into the woods and up and away.  Heading in that direction I quickened my pace.  I wanted to be alone.  I wanted to be alone with Him.  I needed  my Father. Only my Father would be the one who could saturate my soul in the way that I needed.


I found a place and I sat down upon a log.


"Jesus what did it look like?

When you withdrew from the crowds what did it look like?


Was it always spectacular?


Could it have been as simple as this moment?"


I don't really feel anything.


I don't sense anything different.


BUT I must get away.  I must get away from everything other than Him.


"Jesus, what did it look like?  Could it be that in just getting away with the intention of being with Father that that was what happened to you too?  Was every moment that you had with Him when walking the face of the earth, when leaving the crowds to seek Him out, in those moments, Jesus.. were they always something huge?  Or Jesus could they have been like this moment?  Sitting nestled away from any possible on looker, sitting quietly, waiting upon Him... KNOWING... Acknowledging that He brings restoration to my soul in a way that nothing else does.


"Jesus could it have looked like this for you too?"


Just quietly sitting.  Just quietly being.  Just sitting in full awareness that it is Father that you seek.


"Jesus, is this what it looked like?"


When you left the crowds.. when you found the place where you and Father could simply and profoundly connect?


I sat silently.  I sat as a daughter with her dad.   He didn't have to do anything, I just wanted to be in His presence.  I wanted to be away from all else but Him.  I needed Him.  Him alone.


So I sat.  Purposefully as His, His daughter....


There wasn't any earth shaking, monumental moment but there were monumental moments.  Tonight I sat quietly on the bed with my oldest two sons, who have both been away and busy this weekend, we ordered rugby shorts, we sat quietly together.. we laid down on my bed and were just together.  This moment filled me and then I saw the bridge.  I saw it with eyes wide open and a heart so full.  This quiet moment restoring my soul from a crazy full weekend.  Just a quiet moment with two of my sons.  I didn't really do anything, neither did they... but we were together and it restored my soul.


Transformation comes when we choose to be with Him.  When we acknowledge Him, when we interact with Him....  We are left with more peace... we are left more content... we are left.. well, we are never left... but we are made full.


Transformation means understanding that when the Lord God of the Universe, when the Creator of all things... when the Lord of lords and the King of kings speaks and says "I never leave you. I never forsake you."  He means what He says.  And the reality that we are never  alone ever, that His eyes are always upon us... that we are never forsaken, never abandoned...  Never left....


That truth alone shines forth into the heart that needs to know it, exposing pain... commanding lies to relinquish their hold and bringing the balm that penetrates and heals.


It is the truth of God that comes and sets the captives free.... This next 100 days is FULL of the KEYS to all the locks, chains and weights  that have burdened your heart and weighed it down!


Transformation!  Truth!  Choices......  



No comments: