Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What the HOA, a PB&J sandwich and little tikes toys have in common...

I could say that I grew up in a house that you could literally eat off the garage floor without a plate and it would have been cleaner then some of the plates that my kids have eaten off of.... Beds made... hospital corners at that... and sheets ripped off if not made to the specifications that were required.... white carpets... white walls... etc etc...

You get the picture

Maybe because of that or maybe because I am a natural slob I don't know... Can't say lazy because that adjective doesn't describe my life.. but in personality tests I do come off as the kind of person who last minute can say, "oh, instead of doing this list let's go do something with the kids." Again very well might be left over residue from years gone by... who knows.. I am moving on...

I have been struggling the last few days... the Lord changed up the way He was bringing forth relationship and in trying to figure out where and how to meet Him I realized He was leading me to a place of new discovery.

Admist all that trying to discover the Lord in new places life jumped in and was causing some aggravation.

We live on a corner lot off a busy street without a privacy fence and we have little tikes toys etc in the backyard for the kids to play with throughout the day. The HOA who has left us alone for the first year we lived here started to take offense to the toys and how they actually really in their being out are in violation to their 1000 page lawyer speak manual.. sorry for my exaggeration.. just a tad exasperated by their craziness right now....

But in all things (well, after spending a day allowing my peace to be messed with and taking deep breaths and having a patient friend, thanks Juls :) ) I turned to God and sat... and sat... as I did my oldest son came up to me and asked if he could make me a sandwich... Now to some of you you might not get the magnitude of this action...

My son is 16 and he is very athletic and busy and growing ie... always hungry.....
He at any time day or night will often ask me to make him 4 triple decker PBJ sandwiches with a bag of popcorn and a tall glass of milk... and I mean any time day or night... it is his love language.. or at least one of them.... He loves his sandwiches.... and he had known what type of day I had had... so as I sat in my office and was taking time to connect with the Lord and His ways in walks my son... asking me if he, my son, could make me, the usual maker of the sandwich, a sandwich.

I didn't want a sandwich... but he then asked if he could get me something else and as he did he paused and then said, "Diet Coke," and I said, "YES." So off to the store with his next younger brother to buy his mom a diet coke and some chocolate.. because anyone knows that besides the Lord on a day like that a girl must have her chocolate :)

I was instantly in a place of peace... deep deep peace... moved beyond the day and its frustrations.... My 16 year old son had repositioned me back into the presence of God through his desire to serve me through his love language.... I'll tell you later on in the night as we watched tv, he and I sat next to each other and at one point he got up and not only made me a sandwich but the bag of popcorn and the tall glass of milk came with it... it wasn't a triple decker but it was the best PB&J sandwich I think I had ever had.....

Who would have ever thought that one way Jesus overcomes the trials and tribulations of the day would be to have a 16 year old make a PB&J sandwich... problems with HOA and their craziness not done .. but I am different and when this morning I got an email from them I could take a deep breath and think to myself and all will be well ... and I could sit and realize even with them more of what the Lord was speaking... (that for the next blog... )

The HOA, A 16 year old making a PB&J sandwhich, little tykes toys... it is amazing to me that which the Lord uses... but it is amazing and glorious all the same...

No comments: