Sunday, July 17, 2011

Do you need perfect peace? In this day and in this time... Perfect peace calls me to remember that which I truly do know

There is much upon my heart and mind today.... not sure fully which direction all will take but in all my being I feel the solid place of peace I get into … love this place... love this place … love that as I have learned to step into a place where peace passes all understanding while writing that He also has taught me how to take it beyond my desk and my chair and into life.......

Peace that passes all understanding … a solid … tangible... beautiful.. .amazing quality of life.... peace not resting on or dependent upon anything going right or any exterior benefit …. a peace so solid that it surrounds you and encompasses you and your thoughts and your life … a peace that if possible makes it feel like one is floating....

It isn't that the day is devoid of moments and whole sections of the day that arise to challenge that peace is that that peace has truly overcome those moments … it is NOT a stepping into this place in the flesh.... this isn't an attainment of this perfect peace …. it is not nirvana..... This peace is born out of a trust.... an acknowledgment … a knowing.... a depth of relationship.....

Keeping my mind upon Christ my life can be filled with perfect peace..... does a newly dating couple have to work to keep their mind upon the object of their affection... do they have to strive to do so.... as that couple mature and grow in their affections... that changes... it isn't this let me discover you more and more and get to know you and you are everything I have ever wanted..... as a relationship matures there are times that come and offer challenges … some pretty significant ones.... but as challenges are overcome and seasons move forward.. the individuals really truly do begin to know each other.... In Christ's perfection He never fails us... never fails us... that is such an astounding concept..... while we are faithless He remains faithful.... and He knows us... fully before we have even called upon His name He knows us.....

The more I grow in my knowledge of Him... the more this love affair deepens... the more His gaze holds me locked into His affections.......

There are things I have questions about.... lots of things in life right now that bang upon my door and that I want to sort out and figure out.... and they can definitely come and rob my peace.... but here is the deal... do I trust that He who knew me before the foundation of the earth was laid.... who knows all my days... who knows the beginning from the end... who created all things.... who keeps my name written upon His hand... who has numbered the hairs on my head.... who has crowned me with loving kindness... who allows me to drink from the river of His delights … do I trust Him... do I trust that He is good.... always good ….

I DO.... I do.... I trust that He is always good...... I trust His nature and His character... I know that I know that I know that He is always good... that no matter what happens within my life I can look to Him …. that He is my help, my refuge, my strong tower, the shadow I can rest in, my Maker, …..

I have known the nature and character of men and women in my life... some have resembled Christ so closely that I feel as if I have touched Him through them.... others.... well others I have known... some have allowed their nature and character to be so distorted that it is hard to believe that they were created in the image of God … because they have allowed their nature and character to become so distorted by the things of this world and the things of the enemy..... instead of embracing the likeness of Him who they were created to worship … they worshiped themselves at best and the enemy of their souls at worst....

I am who I am... I was made to worship... I was created in the image of God Most High... I was created to know Him and walk with Him and adore Him and be adored by Him.... This world and the enemy pull … they pull at my soul and attempt to demand my attention...... but they never... never keep me in perfect peace if my mind is upon them.... they bring strife... they bring harm... they bring anxiety.... they bring death..... death to my soul.....


I can keep my attention and my affections and my thoughts upon Him whose smile wrecks me... whose ways establish me in the paths of the most amazing ways of life and living... I can keep my attentions upon Him who has prepared a place for me … who goes before me... who can be trusted... He who knows suffering and sorrow within the very core and essence of who He is..... I can trust Him who emerged forth from death.. hell and the grave and now has authority over all things... I can trust Him... I know Him... I know His ways.... His ways are knowable …. He has made them such.....

I can always have a perfect peace.. though the mountains tremble and my bank account is low... though a child of mine is sick... or relationships are difficult.... though I experience death or pain or sorrow... I can have perfect peace … a peace not based on past.. present or future.... but a peace so solid that it transcends all else … blinds me to all else and focuses me upon Him and calls me to remember that which I truly do know...................

No comments: