Tuesday, July 12, 2011

That which truly heals a nation... This is that which I will say for as long as there is breath in my lungs... There is no other way

I will not prophesy natural disaster nor will I prophesy peace ... Peace... I don't have to prophesy the truth for the truth has already been spoken and the words of healing for a nation are already out there....


The governments of the world can not solve the problem.. Nor can they avert natural disaster..  The governments of the world can't create enough jobs, help or educate the poor enough, give enough equal rights... The governments of the world while powerful in what they can do are limited....


It matters not what my opinions are concerning one policy or another... One leader or another... It matters not what my thoughts are concerning financial crisis nor anything else of this time... I'm sure I have offended a multitude .... I'm not saying because Jesus is coming back we don't have to worry or participate... I'm not saying it isn't important to have men and women in a public arena to voice the side of righteousness...


I am saying this however....  As I drove out of town yesterday I saw the presence of the Lord going forward... Beyond me... In front of me... To the left and to the right of me... And I knew this....


That when the presence of the Lord is in a place ... In a land... In a community... There is restoration beyond what we could think or imagine ... When the presence of the Lord goes forth people's hearts are changed without effort ... Without straining....

The Word speaks not of ungodly rulers ( which we are called to pray for) being able to fix a country or a land's problems.. It does however speak of the people who are called by God's name being able to do so.... It does speak of the people who are called by God's name can bring healing to a nation..


What does that look like? What does it look like for a nation to have healing ....
Again it is the blind seeing... The deaf hearing.... The lame walking.... It is plentiful food and thriving communities....


It isn't a dream nor is it a flight of fanciful notions or ideas... I know who I am .... I know who my God is... And I know that which He is capable of doing ... And I believe....


I believe in a God that can arise with healing in His wings... I believe in a God who by His might and throw His spirit a nation can be changed in a day....  


I drove and I drove and I drove yesterday and I will never be the same....  I will wait even more upon the Lord and I will place my hope in Him... I will be even more undignified then this....


I am His... I am His person... His daughter... I am called by His name... I will humble myself in prayer.... And I will seek His face... And I will turn from my ways that are contrary to His and   wicked.... And He will hear... He will hear... He hears me... He hears us... He hears the cry of our hearts and as He does He forgives our sin and He heals our land....


He heals our land... That I will say over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ... We have a place to look to... It isn't Washington, the White House, the Capitol... We have a place to look to...


I look to the mountains from there my help comes from.... My help is from the Lord... Maker of Heaven and earth..


I do not believe in man's wisdom of taking parts of scripture and manipulating it for personal gain BUT I DO believe in a God who called a people who were not a people who had no hope and gave them hope and a people who had not received mercy to receive mercy...


I don't hope... I don't dream... I don't make up... I don't lie... I do have a God who brings healing in His wings ... For one.... For a town... For a city .... For a state.... For a country...


I don't have an agenda ... I love people... I'm sad that people are troubled and weary and heavy laden .... When I know that there can be rest for their souls....  I don't have an agenda... Nor am I timid or afraid ... I am not one who is being destroyed nor am I one who shrinks back ... 


I am one who knows her God and boldly and confidently stands before Him asking my Abba God to heal this land.... Heal this land my dear Father ... Heal this land to the glory of Your beautiful name....

I am one... I am His ... I am called by His name and He hears me... 

No comments: