Saturday, July 9, 2011

The reality of life .... THE REALITY OF LIFE

As we walked to the parking lot the helicopter hovered... and as it drew my attention I noticed it wasn't a news helicopter it had the emblem of the local hospital upon its tail.... it was landing on the highway near by....

A friend and I were packing our kids into the car after a day at the local amusement park and off not to far we could see multitudes of fire trucks and lights swirling and the helicopter landing....

As it had off and on for the last hour the skies opened and rained poured out .... my friend prayed for it to clear so that the helicopter could take off.... we all prayed... for the people, the emergency workers, the families that would be involved... we all prayed as we drove home... my thoughts went to the homeless man that we passed on the side of the road... here I was in a truck loaded with ones I so dearly love... dry... headed home and here he was holding a sign ... and up the road there were those contending for life... contending with the elements... contending with all the traffic backing up.... and in my rear view mirror my sweet little 2 year old daughter was fighting the fight to not fall asleep after a day of play in the sun....

So many different thoughts ran threw my head ....as we pulled in the driveway one of our cars was missing and as any mom who just witnessed (even from a far) the horrors of a car accident I wanted to know where my teenager was.... (side note... when I walked in and told my husband about the accident on a highway so very close to us... he was the one that called said teenager :) I guess we both wanted to know he was else where and he was)

My toddler had fallen asleep in the 5 minute car ride home however she awoke and was hungry and so as showers started and people went about getting settled and preparing dinner I fed her and my husband carried her up to her bed....

I also turned the tv on.... I normally don't watch the news and I think it was the fact that I had seen a helicopter land on a highway... or maybe the whole scene of life as we drove home... horrible accident unfolding.. homeless man... sleepy toddler... safe teenager.... but I turned the tv on because I was hoping that there would be something ... something about the accident... something .... it is interesting how the soul craves information when exposed to events and times...

There would be nothing on the news about the accident but it was filled with aspects of life that I had just written about not to long ago..... the stock market down because joblessness is up.... people worried about the future... a local man being covered as he walks from his house to the unemployment office back to home... the local man showed the interviewer his last fifty cents.... and back to walking the man went.....

This morning as I thought about all the happenings from just yesterday and I laid in my bed thinking and praying.... again my mind went to the realities of life...... I still don't know if there were fatalities upon that highway and what lives changed in an instant... I don't know if that homeless man found a dry place to rest his head as storms rolled out through the evening.... I don't know if that local man will have more than fifty cents in his pocket today.... there is so much I don't know....

And again as I just wrote yesterday.... I don't have to prophesy that the times are hard and will get harder I think a good amount of people believe that and look at that with great fear in their hearts.... this morning as I lay in my bed I thought again of oh so many things...

I thought about risk... I thought about those who know their God.. I thought of religion... I thought about faith... I thought about Jesus.. I thought of the Pharisees... I thought of when Jesus cleansed the temple... I thought and I thought and I thought...

About the realities of life... and THE REALITIES OF LIFE....

In the power of the Spirit and entwined with the love and reality of the Father Jesus walked upon the earth doing that which He knew in His heart was that which His Father would have Him do....

He gave jobs to men... come follow me..... He gave purpose to the outcast... to the lonely ... to the afraid... He walked upon the road with men and women and children... He fed the hungry.... gave hope to the hopeless... Healed those in need... taught in such a way that the people wouldn't be burdened with religion but would have life and know that God cared for them and that they were the very ones that God would sell all He had for.....

My friends.... I sat in my bed this morning wondering even at my bank account and yet setting my heart upon which reality of life am I going to believe...... and what am I going to do.......

Something is changing more and more inside me... prayers that I would really know God as Father are being answered in sweet and tender ways and strong and powerful ways... I prayed no special prayer... I said no specific words.... I sought Him out and said I am yours but I want to know you.. really really know You.. not as I would make You to be but as You are.... I must know You... I want to be Your daughter... You have promised to be my Father... I want to walk in that ... that is it..... and now.. now it is becoming THE REALITY OF MY LIFE.....

I talked to a woman last week and just felt to tell her that the Lord really really loved her... and when she said thank you.. I looked at her again and I said no I really mean it... God really really loves you and she asked what His name was... and the story played out in the most beautiful of ways as we later through a series of events ended up meeting her again in a totally unplanned second location except this time it was her husband thanking us... times are rolling out and people are hungry... very very hungry.. for hope... for life... for healing... and in His name the realities of real life.. abundant life coming flowing in the most amazing ways.....

I am stepping into more and more and being led more and more in the Target.. in the shopping mall.. on the streets.... the reality of life is flowing... that the Father sent His son to tell a world that is very aware of the realities of life of the truest REALITIES of Living......

No comments: