Thursday, July 21, 2011

The most profound thing I have ever heard the Lord say

No joke about the title ... really... but before you read any further I truly want you to pause... take a moment... pause and what do you think/feel/know ... what would be the most profound thing that the Father could ever ask of you....

So here's the story.... I hope you have taken the time to really think through this for yourself... I was sitting in my chair and I was just enjoying a place of peace... our two youngest children were up and playing all around me and I was enjoying our interactions.... when I heard beyond a shadow of a doubt that which the Father wanted me to do... I hesitated.... It was early in the morning ... Surely He didn't mean right now.... really?!?!

But the whole impression wouldn't leave me alone... so I got up and I did that which He had asked .... and I was so grateful having done so.....

So what was this thing... this request that I heard so clearly..

In a family with eight people six of which are children ranging in ages from 16 years to 2 there are times when needs truly go unmet.... where being busy with one I don't necessarily see that which another would want me to... or in taking care of two smaller children the older ones who are more self - sufficient physically sometimes have an emotional need that needs addressing....

So as I sat early in the morning I felt that the Lord wanted me to go into one of my son's bedrooms and sit there with him and just be in there... I wasn't even sure he would be awake... usually he wouldn't have been... but it was so clear that I couldn't not do it....

I walked into his room and he was actually waking up and I was the first thing he saw in the morning.. me sitting in his room... taking time .. making room... loving upon him..... as he saw me he reached up and pulled me towards him and hugged me and I hugged him back.... and we chatted briefly and I got up muffing up his hair a little and speaking words of affection towards him I left the room thinking to myself as I did this was probably the most amazing thing God has ever asked me to do....

No one was raised from the dead... and no one was healed .. no one was prophesied over... no one was miraculously fed... but one ... one child was loved... and loved well... under the presence and direction of God by one who simply heard a faint whisper and acted upon it.....

It truly all comes down to love.... I want to love well... I want when all is said and done that what I did beyond anything... beyond anything else I loved well... I cherished... I valued life... I valued humanity.. I valued compassion...

I valued listening to the smallest of voices asking for the simplest and yet most profound things..... God's thoughts are not ours.. His ways so much deeper.... I honestly don't think that if I prayed for the dead to be raised and saw one come back to life it would have been more profound than this morning... more sensational... more demonstrative maybe but in this request and in this action and in that which transpired I met up with the heart of God and that which He really deems most important...

No comments: