Thursday, June 2, 2011

What more do I ever really need to hear?

I feel her soil underneath my feet and upon her wooden trail I walked... The rich cool soil ... It lingering between my toes... It's cool nature refreshing my soul... 

I hadn't remembered ever being here before but then the remembrances of times I had written off as a dream or some sort of fancy flashes before my eyes and my heart was made aware of where I was walking...

Up the trail I walked... Deep dark moist soil my floor and the trees singing their songs and standing so strong and firm surrounding the path on both sides.... All around me forest ... All around me loveliness ....

As I continued up the hill there was an embankment towards my right and before I even looked my heart leapt and a smile formed upon my face and I knew that as my eyes were drawn up that He would be standing there...

He would and was ..... And it was wonderful... I have learned to not just rush in but allow the moments of entrance into His presence to build and grow and allow time to bring forth the moment ... To enjoy and relish in the discovery... Of the place of Him

And He beaconed me to take it all in....and I did.... Most of all Him

Then He sat down and I walked over towards Him and sat down next to Him..

I placed my hand upon His knee and just looked straight ahead... Remembering other times we had sat together... Other times I had felt His hand within mine... His fingers entwined with mine... I looked where our hands met and then I looked up at Him... I thought of times and places we had walked.. How I was known... How I knew Him... 

Just taking it all in.....

Just stunning... I lack for words.. In these times and places with Him all else falls away and the most of who I truly am arises and lives ... Unhindered love flows forth from me and into me and in very much like a child I am held up and held in and held ... Solidly... Permanently held.... 


In the silence more is communicated then one could think possible but within His presence... At Home in His affections I am Complete.... Nothing lacking...

 In these moments there is nothing more full than just sitting with Him and holding His hand and remembering our times together...

And when I think it could get no better He begins to speak and His words wash over me with the flow of living waters so full and strong of life and yet so delicate upon my flesh...

And again within these more recent times He enters into speaking with declarations of His love and how He has loved me with an everlasting love... Hearing over and over again I never weary.. I know in what He speaks there is purpose and hearing Him say these things each time penetrates deeper and trust blooms in places where it has lacked...

He has loved me with an everlasting love ... Not earned or awarded but graciously given and poured out because of who He is.... What more do I ever really need to hear...

No comments: