Sunday, June 26, 2011

something so different than anything I have ever known...

I have stumbled into many things in my life... and in so many areas I had to learn to walk .. in basic areas of life... I did not contain the capacity to live.... I barely existed... and then I met Him and in twenty years of being loved by Him I have entered into a life I would have never even dreamed about .... He takes my hand and walks with me... He lets me rest my head upon His chest... He takes my weary soul and we walk down paths of quiet and still waters and He restores my soul....

His hand.. His glorious hand... the way His flesh feels .. the way strength enters my being when He reaches His hand out and takes mine in His... it melts me... it melts me... I could stand there in those moments watching Him hold His hand out as He beckons me to walk with Him.. to sit with Him.. to dwell with Him where He is.... I could walk into those moments forever and never leave...

The peace of those moments ... the peace of those times... when I sit with Him.. and look at Him and know that He is looking at me... the air that holds the gaze is enriched... and strong... How He sees me... How He sees me and even when I would think that that which He is seeing is ugly .. and full of darkness ... even when I know that I come empty .. with hands that hold nothing... when there is nothing I offer Him but a broken heart and a weary mind...

He comes to me and looks at me with those eyes and draws me into His side and beckons me to rest ... and creates a warm and safe atmosphere where that rest that is so divine and so beautiful fills every corner of all that I am.... and I breathe... I can breathe in that place with Him... in that place where I run to when all else seemingly would bear down upon me and bring its weight to bare and crush me....

He closes off the world.. and blankets me in His love and cares for me ... He shuts the doors and quiets all the other and He without opening His mouth brings His truth alive... as He serves my injuries and bandages my wounds.... With tenderness He rises and with loving kindness He walks and with love He woos me into His most amazing truths...

When my expectations born from experience with humanity would speak that He would come with exasperation He only comes with more mercy... when my faulty assumptions would allow fear and experience to possibly mirror onto Him my false beliefs He stands .. oh how graciously He stands... firmly and without hesitation... opening up His heart so that time after time I see something so different than anything I have ever known...

Time after time He woos me back and burns off even more layers of faulty thoughts of how He operates... and time after time He allures me to His side.. and while my feet still feel the soft and lush and wondrous grasses of sweet pastures .. we journey through the wilderness of the evening side by side ... never forsaken and never alone..... but oh so very loved and supported...

Blessed be His most magnificent name

No comments: