Monday, August 12, 2013

What do 20 of the Worst places to Live and A Pentecostal Preacher and a Prayer have in common...

And it was interesting to me the direction in which I was led....

It isn't hard for me to want to listen time and time again to a sermon preached from Jonathan Martin of Renovatus church...  So tonight when having finished listening to one message I went back and listened once again to this message...


http://renovatuschurch.com/#/podcastblog  The Beauty is Never Lost....


As I listened I went on facebook to honestly just catch up with some friends.  Against the backdrop of listen to this amazing preacher I was lead to this article....  http://tomchocholek.likes.com/the-20-most-dangerous-neighborhoods-in-america?page=3

I listened as Jonathan poured out his heart and preached how we are made in the image of God!

I was moved as I looked over these neighborhoods.. God created all things good.  I read the statistics and I looked at the pictures...  And I just prayed...

Just feel something stirring...

"This is not how we were meant to live..."  As Jonathan preached, the pictures of these places crept their way into my heart....  The thoughts of the children in those places.. on the streets...  the thoughts of those places and his words swirled around and around in my heart...

I had listened to the message before,  but as it rolled out and my eyes beheld the pictures my heart was so thoroughly stirred...

There is beauty God wants to bring out... " The whole story then becomes a story about grace"  and while I know not what to do specifically... I pray and I pray and speak beauty and grace into each of the 20 neighborhoods... Pick one.. Listen to Jonathan preach and declare life and beauty and the image of God back into each place...





No comments: