Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The wicked witch from Snow White visits in a dream and an Angel comes into the kitchen for a conversation...

Well.. how's that for a title?


There are way too many words within my heart.  In these moments all that I am gets grounded into the reality of Him and I grasp a hold of His hand and do not let go...  He is my best thought. He is the orientation of my life.  All that I am and all that I will ever be is wrapped up within the reality that He proclaims over me.


So whether it is singing the ABCs with Elizabeth and Gregory, or it is talking to an angel that comes into my kitchen after dreaming a dream that needed the reality of Heaven, I will walk out my life.  Whether it is looking into the eyes of a woman who is telling her story of abuse for the first time or it is sitting with a leader quietly telling them that they are loved for the person they are not the tasks they accomplish...  Whether it is ordering dorm room things for my oldest son or it is partaking in a conversation with the Lord I attempt to live my life the same...


Today's dream and subsequent conversation made me so very glad that I have had some of the leaders that I have had in my life, today's dream and the conversation with the angel made me so very much aware and grateful for the presence of those that have walked before me.  More on that in just a bit.  Now for the dream.


In the dream the witch from Snow White was handing out poisonous apples to anyone and everyone who would take it.  As they bit into the apple they fell asleep.  They gave up their capacity to discern and the poison filled their hearts and empowered tacid agreements.  It crippled the faith of the men and women who ate of it because they became wise in their own eyes and gave into the thoughts, opinions and recognition of men and the ideas of man instead of the heart beat of God.


Seeking after the glory of the thoughts and opinions and recognition of man their own faith was rendered ill-effective because they came into agreement with the false conclusions that were filling out the air and the hearts of others.


Only receiving a kiss from the true love would awaken them from such a deep slumber.


Here is where gratitude filled out my heart in the early morning hours of this morning.  I remember so very long ago as John Paul Jackson would share his vision of the cookie monster monster stomping around on this plain going up to this group and to that group.


The question this thing would ask each group was along the lines of what is the answer for the church today?


Each group would speak out what their group felt was the answer.  Each group would get devoured by the monster.  The monster would approach JP and he would answer, "To be no more or no less than who we are in Christ."  The monster would respond to JP and say, "good answer."  Then the monster kept going on towards other groups.


There is much "good" out there... but there is only one source of life!


As the early morning hours would play out upon my household this morning.  As I would try to pray through the dream with the witch and all the faces I saw and the things I heard, my eyes and heart were made aware of an angel, that had come into the room.


Reminding me of JP's vision and reminding me of how recently I had heard the proclamation of this or that being the answer for the church today.  I cringed.  I sat under the instruction and wisdom that this fine creature had brought and allowed it to penetrate my very being.


There is no other answer except that the sons and daughters of God be revealed.  There are plenty of "good" things that can be done, but "works" aren't the place of salvation.  The Bride will be the Bride... not because we evangelized enough, not because we prayed enough, not because we taught enough, not because we did anything enough...  simply that we awaken to the reality of who we are!  We are no more and we are no less than the son or daughter.


If those we surround ourselves have judgments regarding the needs of the church, or the current state of fellow believers, if we sit upon the recognition of men and allow their thoughts and opinions to frame out our lives we put ourselves in the place of the Israelite army at the time of Goliath.


As the early morning hours flowed, I could see it all the more clearly.  It had been something upon my heart for weeks but now greater understanding was being added.  David had spent the time in the fields, not considered by family, not known by the army, not seen.. not heard... not anything, really... BUT known by God and knowing God....


So when the time came he did not have the same false conclusions that those  sidelined by Goliath had... David could see the Lord's heart because he had turned his heart over to the thoughts, opinions and recognition of God...


What does God say about the circumstances of your life?


What does God say about you?


Are you more able to believe that which another human being would say over you or that which your God proclaims over you with songs and shouts of joy?


Have you taken a bite out of the apple and become wise in your own eyes?  Or do you no longer regard yourself according to the flesh but according to the declarations of God? Paul says it over and over again, laying down his credentials to only be found in Christ.


It is enticing.  The thoughts and opinions and recognition of man, the score of the wisdom of the earth.. the way it can all feel so right... There are ways that feel so right to man and yet only lead to death...


The wicked witch, the cookie monster type monster... they know more than some of us.. they understand the deceit of "good ideas"  while the earth groans for the sons and daughters to be revealed they cringe at the thought... Because once awoken to the reality of the lover of our souls we will be wide awake...  we will be awoken... we will be heard... and then it will be them trembling and groaning, no longer the earth!


May the love of Christ fill out your very beings and saturate your souls....


2 comments:

Allison said...

I've been meditating on the snow white apple, witch, and true love's life giving kiss for almost a year. A bright apple must have looked a lot like love to a princess who had been banished from her home. All I know is that when I first met Jesus it was like that first kiss, woken from a long sleep and restored to my kingdom. Good revelation!

Kerri Johnson said...

Wow... thanks for sharing Mims...