Saturday, May 18, 2013

The most delightful moments of the day occur ...

I have spent this day loving upon my children and dearest of friend... they complete me in ways I had never anticipated to ever cross my path.  I am full.. satisfaction and contentment as a kitten lapping  up milk....

But as I would head to bed... what had been a day full of dreamy delights of beauty ended with the affections of heaven.  Amidst all that I face it is well .. very well with my soul.. So grateful   for the lessons dear friends have brought to bare.. for circumstances and situations do not get to rob me of His grace.  Pushed ever more  then I would like but coming back to this place of wonderment and glory... It is His thoughts, opinions and recognitions that are so thoroughly laid bare upon my soul...   It is in positioning myself before Him that I behold Him and am beheld by Him and the world and darkness slip away because His magnificent light is beyond my comprehension and capacity to express.

I spent the day with my children.  I spent the day in my home.  Quiet as quiet can be for this place .. but beholding the fullness of family.  Being loved and loving them... and as the last headed to bed so did I and His presence was abundant and my room was full. I laid down with pen and journal and began to write a love letter to my God.

“My Jesus.. I come into my room, I lay down upon my bed and you are here. You shelter me as Your words speak. Your love covers me. Grant me Your grace, oh Father, oh delightful King! You speak and it is declared. You act and it is done. There's no one like you. You've made me blind to all else but Your love.. Your passion. You have filled my life with immense goodness and I am very glad. I can feel the sentries of heaven standing guard upon those that are hurting.. those that are lonely. You set Your angels charge over us. I can feel the delight of Heaven as faith arises. Your beauty, Oh Lord, surrounds and keeps me.”


Not upon the screen but upon paper did I first write those words tonight.


The room thick with His presence, His kindness, His generosity of spirit...


I am humbled and stand in awe of His goodness.


I am daughter.. awoken and seen! I am His beloved and adored. No larger portion can ever be granted. No deeper delight ever manifested. His affections are powerful and command a thorough redemption. Nothing stands in His wake.


The very thought of Him, as He is uniquely, saturates the fiber of my being. When I weep and am found in despair He is there.. When I relax within His presence and am embraced by a deep fullness He is there.... I am the best “me” that I will ever be when I behold Him.. when we pause and encounter each other.


Through scripture, through prayer, through silence, through song, through quiet intimate moments... His declaration over me is completed in His banner of love...


Oh that I am most thoroughly captivated. Oh that I would be in such a state at all times. NO other placement upon the earth do I desire but to sit by His feet and behold His goodness and His grace. He is the commander of the angel army and He fights.. He is the victorious warrior.. Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

Amen and amen... nothing greater could ever be said.. nothing more could ever be done...

No comments: