Friday, May 10, 2013

No Topics Taboo .. Why are we afraid?

A journey...


Numerous decisions...


Trust...


Faith....


Holding onto a hand that I can not always see....



To whom am I known and by whose thoughts, opinions and recognition do I attach myself to..



Once upon a time there was a season where I regarded myself as having arrived at the fulfillment of my dreams.  Getting to be a part of something that held within it all that I ever thought I would ever want.  When that season shifted, not because of sin or short coming, it changed up my life in ways that I would not have been grateful for back then but rest so thoroughly upon now.


The fulfillment of my dreams before was based upon what man could give me or what man could take away.  Once man took what they could, I discovered that which only God could give and it has made all the difference.


For me there is no topic taboo.. there is truly no question I would be asked that I wouldn't answer if I could and if I couldn't there is no question that I would be afraid to answer as "I don't know" .   So why are we afraid to have conversation.  Why are there topics seemingly taboo?


If we look at the  life of Jesus don't you see one who blew threw every taboo of His era?


He knew God!  Jesus knew His Father.  We have been granted that same gift.  To know the love of God.  To know the Father.  Perfect love casts out all fear.  But in a culture and in a world where the love of most has grown cold fear becomes a great factor in the lives of so many.


Scurrying for position and for recognition and for something, anything... significance maybe... I've made some pathetic attempts.  In this season there are certain scriptures that dance and swirl around me and into me and make me glad, push me closer to Him and into a discover of what does it all mean and what do I believe anyway.


You all know one of the ones that keeps depositing its truths into me is where the people are recognizing that Jesus isn't like the scribes He speaks as one who has authority.  That.. that is a verse I could stay the rest of my life upon.

Jesus proclaims.. that the ruler of this world comes but he has nothing in Him!  That is another one.. that I could just hang my hat upon.


The Lord proclaims that nothing can pluck us from the Father's hand and that I know His voice.. well, that one I just treat as a pillow and rest assuredly upon that in ways that bring greatest delight into my soul....


A good friend of mine spoke this other scripture over my life and the first time he did so, we had quite the conversation...   Psalm 118:6  The Lord is for me; I will not fear. What can man do to me?  Tears streamed down my face upon hearing those words...  Seeking out what was lodged in my heart the scripture was read... and what was in my heart wasn't pretty.


I know what man can do to me... I know it all too well.  From moments of rejection and isolation to moments of extreme abuse.  I know.  But as I followed the process I saw how He placed me in a large place with plenty of room to breathe.  What really has man done to me?  Oh could I fill my days with blog posts about the details of horrors gone by.. I could... But truly what has man done to me?


I look upon the once beheld Goliaths and see them slaughter upon the fields without heads.


I have had my eyes transfixed upon something so much greater.  Confidence fills my heart not because of the thoughts, opinions and recognitions of men but because I am assured of the great love of my Creator.  So there are no topics taboo... and if I don't know the answer I'll tell you... Perfect love is casting fear out more and more and I love where it is that I walk these days...


What topics are taboo for you?  What questions do you hope not to be asked?  What about your life would you cringe if it were known?


I am fully known.  Fully seen.  Fully searched out.  My insecurities laid bare, my frailties transparent...  as are my desires, my hopes, my passions and my dreams...


I have a dream where the sons and daughters of God live as those who had their heads lifted up by the Lord their God, and they go forth as an exceedingly great army aware and confident of the love and affections of their King....


In that dream there is nothing that can stand against a people whose eyes are transfixed upon Him and whose hearts are full of His love...


I have a dream that God's goodness and grace and compassion is recognized as that which fills the air and we step together into the richness of that grace, that goodness, that compassion....


I am His girl.. His daughter...  the one whom He loves... I am treasured and I am cherished and I my worth is far above rubies.  I am wonderfully and fearfully made AND MY SOUL KNOWS IT WELL!!!!


I sit and smile and bask in the radiance of His goodness and when my heart feels timid.. or when I am afraid... or when the world pushes in with sorrow I stand and smile and bask in the radiance of His goodness... because having done all I will under His shadow and grace STAND!


Oh what a marvelous reality that we are called the sons and daughters of God!  I love my Father... He is my Father and He is amazing.. and He calls me His girl and finds me pretty amazing too....  that isn't specific to me.. it is as real for you and you and you and you....



No comments: