Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Oh please see my ravaged soul....

I am utterly no different than you...


I doubt...


I wonder....


I sit....


I wait...


I hear silence...


I lack direction....


I don't hear....


I don't see....


I miss Him....


I long for Him....


I ache for Him....


I get lost in wonder and awe....


I see Him in everything...


I hold His hand... I hold His hand when I hold the hand of my four year old and I hold His hand when I hold His hand... either way is amazing to me....


I walk upon the face of the earth...


I linger in the spaces between Heavenly reality and creature of the dirt...


I hunger...


I thirst...


I need comfort...


I need wisdom....


I have tasted the air of the mountain top and felt the soil of the valley and kneeled in the dessert yearning for the oasis....


My eyes have beheld the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living and they have been saturated with tears....


I have known great lack...


I have known plenty...


I have been grateful....


I have been unfaithful...


I have been a liar....


I have been lost....


I am light....


I am salt....


I am many things .....  I am no different than you... creature of the dirt elevated  to image bearer...  and when you see me.. when we see each other.. we see Him...  so grateful for those that stop to see my ravaged soul ...  For Him...  ravaged by  the realities of this world and ravaged by the reality of Him....


I was sitting near by a well known leader and the Lord beckoned me... please see him.. see his ravaged soul... know him and see him as I would see him... what an intimate place with brother and sister and Lord... We are truly no different than any other one of us... all with the same longings and same needs and same desires...  Fullness rests within Him.. within the Body...  We can not operate apart from the head nor can we operate apart from each other....


In our search for beauty and wonder and authenticity.. we will find it as we behold Him.. we will find it as we behold one another...  The call and quest to be seen and known comes forth from God and flows out onto us all...  as we enter into these sacred places within the heart beat of God we become more fully alive, we become more fully awake...  we become more fully His ... we become....


No comments: