Thursday, May 2, 2013

Needless chatter.... sometimes there is nothing to say.. I turned the corner and He was there...


As I turned the corner.. I wasn't prepared to see that which I saw....  



When don't we need to see God?  When don't we need His presence?  The reality of His affections, His passions, His tenderness fill out the day as the air fills up  my lungs.  I couldn't last if I couldn't breath,  I wouldn't be anything but His mercy...  my coming to this place isn't because of my past, present or future...  It is because of His goodness...  It is His hunger for intimacy with creation.. His realness, closeness that changes all things...


I turned the corner and He was there.  Gasping at the very unexpected reality of what it was my  eyes  were beholding.. not in vision, dream or illusion.  But how I have known Him through out different times since I met Him.  He was standing there ...

 tears filled my eyes and flowed down my face..


His finger was to His lips as to motion for my silence.  The air filled in such a way that no words could ever come together to form that which I would want to  say.  He took my hand and led me down our very short hallway.  


The moment our hands touched I knew, without words ever passing, I knew He was filling the air and my being with rest.


Restoration of the soul by the One who loves it...  Seriously who would not love Him.. I mean really .. who would not love Him if they sat with Him, looked into His eyes, held His hand.. absorbed His grace...


He leads me besides still waters... He restores my soul...


My soul needed some restoring...


"In quietness and trust is your strength..."  Finger to His lips before I could pour out all that was in my heart, before I could begin to speak He was motioning for my silence...  I sure do love Him... there wasn't a word that would come forth that He already didn't know...  The exhaustion of the flow of words would not serve me well,  but a bidding to come and rest... come and lean... come and take His hand and be lead by Him.


He restores my soul....



The month of May had me wondering about our due date  for the baby we will never hold, May has me wondering about the son we are about to watch graduate high school, May has me wondering about all that is before us as we finish the transition of the move...


There have been moments that have left me feeling spent...


He beckoned me to really look at Him and again the tears just continued to flow...  causing me to remember that He is the one that carries all things... calling me to recognize that the weights of this world are too much for me to carry...  Asking for me to place them upon Him...


We don't serve a god of stone but a God who is living and breathing and intensely beautiful...  The reality of His life .. the reality that He lives fills out every crevice of my being... leaving me in a posture of rest and of trust...


My weary soul finds its refuge in His grand affections and my heart gets lost in His gaze...  His beauty saturates all the air that surrounds me and rest triumphs....


Cast all your burdens upon Him because He cares for you...

No comments: