Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The clouds filled out the sky and though they looked ominous there was a beauty to behold in them that spoke that I am always covered

My attention has been drawn to the clouds the last couple of days.  The skies have been filled with dark clouds.  The rain has come and gone off and on throughout the last few days.  The clouds that have filled the skies at times have looked so very ominous.  But each time I felt my gaze be drawn to them, it wasn't the impending storm that I felt that was upon the earth.  


It was a covering.


Today as I drove by the strawberry fields, that fill out a good portion of road by our house in Fort Mill, SC, I couldn't but help notice the large, dark. looking clouds...


"Father... it looks like a storm and yet I don't feel that is what you are drawing my attention to.  What is it that you want me to see?"  Were the words that poured forth from my heart.


I saw Him smile.  To look beyond that which dark, gray clouds would apparently speak and to sense that there is something more .. something beyond what is to be seen at first glance.  


"It feels weirdly safe.  And I don't understand, what is it that you are trying to show me, tell me, let me see?"


And then before anything could be said, I saw the beauty in the clouds.  They were covering  the sky completely.  There was a covering above and I allowed myself to be drawn up into it.  I am covered.  I am covered beyond anything I could truly fathom.  Intensely covered, thoroughly covered, deeply covered....  I saw the absolute covering of the clouds and saw the magnificence of the God we serve and was humbled and awed.  And He who would cover me is my Father... Creator of all things....  He causes ALL things to work to the good of those that love Him....  


Even dark ominous storm clouds speak of His glory....  not as judge but as Covering...  


It takes eyes to see the beauty in the darkness... It takes a heart of faith to see hope in the storm....  I love how He is changing the way I think upon things... I love being drawn further up and into His beating heart...


Listening to this song as I write this... the lyrics are so intensely beautiful....  soak in the reality of running to His arms...

http://youtu.be/zoKdQOY2NWI

No comments: