Friday, May 13, 2011

I want to overcome all those thoughts that say what will it look like.... and hope instead it will look like radical obedience ....

I've been thinking about so very many things in regards to the demonstration of the Kingdom of God and the movements of our Father .... I've thought about the Pharisees in the days of old and thought about how they operated around Christ.... Here they had the living God ... God in flesh dwelling in their midst and yet they couldn't grab a hold of that reality...

They had a structure ... an exterior adherence to the law .. to religion .. to performance.. but they didn't see it that way.. they had the way they thought they should follow.. they had been trained up in it... they had spent their life "knowing"? about God...

If I sit and think of them ... I get quiet these days....

Would I have recognized Him?

would I have seen in Him the Lord I was taught to worship and know or would I be upset that there were those breaking rules and traditions ... Would I have followed even after the hard things He had to say or would I have cowered out in lack of understanding....

What edge does He call me to? What place does He hunger for me to walk into? Where would He lead?

In the heart of being honest I am going to share an experience I had recently.... I was worshipping and Jesus as I know Him to be present was standing by my left side.... The reality of Him being there was stronger than anything I had felt in a long time.... but even with that... even with all that I knew that was happening I hesitated.. I hesitated in doing what I knew He wanted me to do....

Why? Fear...

As time as passed since that moment I have thought a lot about who I want to be and where I want to live in relationship to my Father's Kingdom... and it is not in fear....

I want to live where He wants me to.... I want to live where He has called me to... I love seeing and hearing and sensing Him... but I want to love to do anything and everything that I would know that He would call me to.... regardless of what it looks like.... regardless of what I look like...

There was a saying a while back.. a conversation being had about the choice to choose respectability over the anointing.... and I'm hungry .. hungry to see Him move.. hungry to the point where I'm caring less and less about what it will look like and just wanting Him.....and willing to overcome fear to grab a hold of my Savior's hand and be led by Him ... for where He leads that is where I want to be...

I'm not wanting a demonstration for the sake of a demonstration.. I wouldn't steal from my Father like that... but I will walk and do that which I see and know.... I want to overcome all those thoughts that say what will it look like.... and hope instead it will look like radical obedience ....

I am my Father's daughter... and that is what I want to be.... I want to bear His image and have His presence upon my life in a way that brings Him honor and glory.... hoping not to have to spit in mud but if it means another is healed I will listen and obey.....

here is to living a life of that looks like that of a citizen of Heaven

No comments: