Sunday, May 1, 2011

I submit to becoming that which He wants me to become....I will not apologize for those things that make me who I am...

I will not apologize for those things that make me who I am...



If anything I will become less inhibited .... If anything I will walk towards the edge even more with boldness and confidence 



I will share in painful honesty about my person and I will share in open transparency that which I see and perceive and feel



I'm not afraid of stretching the boundaries and learning that some are definitely more made by men's fears then reality of God's yes or no



I remember a time many years ago ... Almost ten... Eleven years ago when I was entering into a new level of freedom and understanding and at one meeting in particular I was so released into who I was becoming....


  That meeting was judged and examined as being way over the top by some ... Some described that meeting with words like cult like frenzy and I would describe it as the most brilliant worship I had seen up until that point....


I can't be but who I am and while I at times allow fear to bring into question all the what does it mean thoughts ... At the end I must walk this out...


I'm not talking about being weird or over the top for the sake of that but I'm not ever going to apologize ever again for being me and being created with the preferences that I intrinsically have within my person...


I truly only want to become even more unencumbered and uninhibited .... I truly only want to dream more of all the possibilities of what our God can do and not be those who shrink back...


I repent for this... Being afraid of being myself and wondering if it was good enough...  Being afraid or concerned what others might think and making decisions based on that.... I repent for metering out who I am and what I believe and in so doing apologizing for who I actually am within my actions....


And I declare to my soul that I no longer want to belong more than I want to walk with God and be who He created me to be.... Regardless of what I might even think myself ... I have to choose Him and how He wants to move in and through me and my life 


 Again I must place my favorite Nelson Mandela quote here...


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,
but that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?"
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightening about shrinking
so that others won't feel unsure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in every one.
As we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


I must choose Him... I must choose life... I must choose courage ... I submit to becoming that which He wants me to become

1 comment:

mims said...

ah but apologies do come forward... not for who I am but for a defensive stance... looking to find my way towards even more life and delighting in grace