Tuesday, May 10, 2011

but waiting upon You I always will come back to... A dialogue between us

Sitting on the bank of the river... jeans rolled up to my knees ... feet splashing in the water rushing by... perfect day.... and then You came and made it amazing....

What are you looking at You asked me.... hhhhmmm love Your questions.... love them because like the parables there is more truth in them than could be held in any answer....


It wasn't the river I had been looking at... it wasn't the sky.... oh I was now.. I was looking at the river now and closing my eyes and feeling the refreshing waters sweep over my feet but I hadn't been looking at the waters... and as You had approached and sat down... I knew that was what was upon Your heart ....


Your strength along side me wasn't chastising me for looking at wrong things.. just the tone of Your voice.. the look of Your eyes... the tenderness in Your touch was wanting to lift burdens that I had granted placement upon my shoulders to....

And then You straightened up... not stood up but in Your movement You towered over me.... look up was what You said...... look up.... Calling me back to remember Your face.... calling me back towards only looking towards You....

I have allowed the cares of this world and the aches of my heart to distract... I have allowed them placement in the front of my life.... instead of sitting and pausing long enough .....

but wait upon You I always will come back to.....

I can't by my worrying add anything to today or tomorrow.... You said that already.. just quoting You....

And then You just sat there quietly... ever so quietly.. in the quietness that grew between us .. so did a strength that I remember and seemed so familiar.... so tangible... so palpable... and I rested... and You so brilliantly removed the weights I had carried that You had never assigned.....

Laying back in the banks of the river.. I couldn't see Your face as the light of the sun shone through the trees and obscured Your smile .. in these moments You truly refresh my soul.... and in these moments I realize how much You absolutely delight in doing so.....

Lord You love me so well... thank You for Your grace... I could stay here forever and one day I will.....

1 comment:

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful...perspective back on track :)