Monday, May 30, 2011

I had never fully seen it that way before but it left me all the more in love with Him

This season of my life has opened up doors and closed others... He has opened up doors to Himself.. His life.. His grace.. our Kingdom Home... our Place.. those things that are the most intrinsically who and what we are ..... My eyes .. My being... have been fed and have drank deeply of rivers from a place so familiar and so near and yet so other....

Tonight as I lay speaking with Him.. a picture of one who would do harm towards me came to bare upon my person... harm.. what is it that I mean by that... sadly it is mostly out of lack of understanding that we bring to bare upon the hearts of others harm... words.. jealousy.. envy.. they truly bring harm to those that they are spoken and or acted out upon...

But tonight He offered this whole interaction as a picture for me.... in a place of intimate awareness of Him.. I saw another and I saw that which was in their heart... a place that needs Him.. needs His touch ... but in not having had it it offers a place from which harm can flow forth from....

My heart sunk and in the reality of the situation I could feel the sting of that which was coming forth... and then ... then He looked at me with this look in His eyes that I have rarely seen but yet have seen it before on occasion .... and as He looked at me He placed Himself between the person and I and He spoke of how He stands in the in between.... that I had nothing to fear... and I watched as that which came forth from the other person fell upon Him....

I sat in that place... I stood behind Him and watched Him as the imagery of the strong tower and the fortress and the walls came to life.... as all that was intended to land upon my heart landed upon His and He bore it... and it was done...

I realized in that moment that while in that moment He was the Fortress between me and that which was intended towards me... that I had stepped into that place and had landed upon Him and His person and His heart the same type of assault... that in actions and attitudes and thoughts that came up against another He had stood between me and others... and my heart broke as I looked upon Him in a whole other way.... as I saw my impressions of sin upon His person .. that He had taken for me... and I saw in His eyes a love so tender and so true that I began to understand His plea..."Father... Forgive them for they know not what they do.."

Oh Jesus... sweet sweet Lord these roads You walk me down as of late are ending up upon my heart and my being and bringing forth an awe born forth from seeing You and Your ways through Your love and Your sacrifice.. and Your grace.... I grow quiet inside and a settled nature and deepening trust forms as I stare into those eyes of Yours and watch You watching Me...

I love You.. You are completely awe inspiring and beyond that which words could ever describe.... my affections for You and our Father and The Spirit flow forth and in quiet solitude I kneel before You so full of Your flowing river of love .. so grateful for that which You are.. and for that which You walk forth in my life... so blessed by You... so loved by You... so in love with You...

Placing my hand into the outstretched one You hold out to me I feel Your strength and I know Your love and affections .. and this birth of quiet trust is growing and I am ever so very grateful... Your faithfulness is astounding and I am one who is truly grateful... so very truly grateful....

No comments: