Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Forever by my side

All of a sudden I was in a meadow... With grass that was up to me knees... My eyes were closed and I walked with  my hands upon the tops of the grass...  The sun was warm to my flesh and a gentle breeze swept in from the right 


A Lion met me there and we walked together... And I felt protected


As time passed I no longer saw the Lion and I walked along by myself for a while...


The air thick with beauty and life... Solid as if a substance to walk through and yet not anything that actually touched my skin but I could breath it in and breath it in deeply I did


I came to a place and I just laid down and was hidden within the grasses of the valley...  Birds flew overhead... There were melodies that just filled the air and still the air hung thick with Him... His presence saturating the entire place and He was the very air that was being breathed in....


I sat up propped up with my arms
Outstretched behind me and my hands upon the soil of that place... It was rich and dark and moist and full of life and
it was cool to my touch


In this place I just lingered and time and times drifted away from me...  Altered by sitting there and not wanting to move


I could smell Him before I could see Him and I laid back down and closed my eyes and took in the fact that He was near and that He approached...  The air hung even thicker with His presence and the melodies that filled the air in the sweetest of songs just continued to flourish and tell the story of His arrival

Without opening my eyes I sat back up and I knew that as I would open them He was going to be there and I kept them closed for but drank Him into through ever pore of my being... If that makes sense...  I knew that as soon as I opened my eyes it would begin and I knew I needed these moments to set myself at rest...


He broke the beautiful silence with the words.... " In my Father's house..." and He continues to speak and I still kept eyes closed and just listened to His magnificent voice speaking over me...

He knelt down and beaconed me to look up at Him and as I did my heart burst with an agony of understanding that while these moments were being granted I was still so called to walk upon the earth and that the fullness of time when moments like these would not just be moments but would be everything was still off in the distance

"Walk with Me," He spoke and lifted me to my feet...  He took my hand and a sweet silence fell between us and we walked and walked and walked...


Favorite places of mine that He had shown me before .... Places where we had sat at other times...  Then we came to the falls... One of my absolute favorite places and upon the rocks we sat...


I was finally able to look at Him... Tears streaming down my face  because His love and tenderness was just so manifest and so beautiful and so full of life that I just soaked in every moment...


I knew what He was saying and I received the strength He was pouring out for the journey .....  And then they were there... Singing and worshipping Him  and then He was gone ... And I was back aware of my car and where I was but full.... Full of His affections ... Full of His love ... Full of the understanding that upon walking this life out I would have joy and laughter and sorrows and trials and life ..... And life....  but amidst all that would come and all that would be done I would have Him forever by my side...

No comments: