Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Sacred Cows ... Part 4... "The Tyranny of the Prophetic"

I have heard too many of them... too many of them to not feel the pain of them... too many stories where in meetings or in relationships things that were allowed to be called prophetic reeked havoc in the lives of individuals and communities... I am setting my voice to call out for something other.... I AM SETTING MY VOICE TO CALL OUT FOR SOMETHING OTHER.....

Why"

First there is a need but mostly because I love it... I love the way that God speaks and moves.. I LOVE the way that He talks to His people... I love all things revelatory that flow forth from the heart of my Father... I love all things that exist within the Kingdom of God and I am passionate about that ...

SO having said that.... here are some of the bullet points that I alluded to in part 2... here we go...

I have watched as myself and those around me placated leaders that we followed instead of well.. I don't know saying the truth... allowing situations to go forward that could have been so easily stopped .... if instead of ones thinking of what they could lose in the situation stepping up and risking and being willing to lose their life for the sake of truth being spoken...

When I out of self protection have not spoken truth or not loved enough than I am nothing..... Even if I knew all things and I spoke all things if I had not love I would be a clanging gong and I have allowed those I followed to be clanging gongs because I didn't raise my voice to even ask the question, What about love? What about love? ugh!!!

I have been and I have watched others be more clanging gongs then the sweet strong sound of the liberty bell because what I did wasn't coated in love.....

Living our lives like we say we want to and like we teach we are supposed to when no one is looking or only the inner circle is looking ... especially when the inner circle is looking... instead of using them to spread gossip and fear in a cavalier way.... strengthening them further into lives of spirit and truth and love.... like Jesus did with the twelve...


Inner circles shouldn't be the elite club of the few that have all the insider know... staffs and lead teams should be those that walk out first before the people not just the vision and passion of those that they are being led by .. but of Jesus... what are we leading people to? Elitism... snobbery... what? WHAT?

I heard about this meeting years back where the speaker said he was going to give everyone in the room that had faith for it a word.. He said that... ok... I could say oh so much about the very fact that he would even say that BUT my friend, who WAS a woman of great faith, didn't get a word and ended up questioning whether or not she was a person of faith... SERIOUSLY... not her issue .... that man ended up within a meeting of hundreds only giving a word to less than 70.. which seriously 70 people ministered to is huge but why say something that would leave the other 100s of people left doubting..... what to puff oneself up .... why? and why then have we allowed that to happen?

I have been told... I wasn't there but I have been told that (now this is a long time ago) but that an international leader at one point spoke about having been released from the tyranny of the prophetic.... well I get what he was saying.. yes.. I do... but why was it allowed to get to that place... why weren't things addressed..... why did it have to be so pulled back that it was removed.... and I don't have the answers... like I said I wasn't even there....

but that statement the Tyranny of the prophetic... I have seen it... I have watched it... I have a personal understanding .. though I love ... again let me say it LOVE prophetic ministry... I can understand how and why it would come to a place that a man who at one time had embraced it was left being grateful that it was gone....and that to me is sad.... truly sad...

The prophetic needs to be this.... it needs to be a body of all believers... that hear from God... because He speaks to all.. it needs to be saturated in love... and it needs to be not a clanging gong whimpering about this or that possibility...

The prophetic.. what truly will bear that name needs to be first and foremost full of love and the passion of the Father..... It needs to be clear... concise... detailed and accurate... it needs to be the voice of those that will know their God .. and are known by their God... and walk forth in humility and love and service..... in relationship with God and man... It needs to be full of a piercing sword not a dull child's safety scissors....

We have called things prophetic that weren't.. and I am so truly sorry for every time I did that... but I am hungry for the voice of the Lord to rise up and direct His people... not in a tyrannical way for that is not the ways of our Lord but in a way that brings forth life and liberty to the hearer... that causes those that hear to love God more and hungry to live a life more worthy of Him...

This is not about performance.. it is all about relationship.... we need to love one another so much that it ceases to be about any one us... and becomes all about Jesus... His name lifted up so that ALL men will be drawn unto Him....

The tyranny of the prophetic... it is sad to me that those words ever had to be spoken... but what is sadder are they whys that brought that statement forth.... the prophetic needs to develop into the place it is going by being held accountable... and not just the accuracy of the words or the lifestyle of the one speaking... but of love.... if we are to no longer be clanging gongs then we need to be full of lives of love... and service... and grace....

2 comments:

Molly Patterson said...

"The prophetic needs to be this.... it needs to be a body of all believers... that hear from God... because He speaks to all.. it needs to be saturated in love... and it needs to be not a clanging gong whimpering about this or that possibility..."

I love that you have said this. And I love that you are so in love with Jesus! You are once again so bright and shiny to my heart.

mims said...

I love you Molly.... I love knowing you.. I love who you are... I love that you get it and hunger and thirst the way you do....