Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In my Father's house..... revisiting my favorite place... how it was in the beginning.... the thousand days....

I remember the time where at the gate I stood.... you know the bible talks about a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day... and in that time it felt like I stood at that gate for a thousand years... stood and stared at the house... at the home... at that place where I knew He was..... I can feel the feeling of that metal in the palm of my hand as I held the gate and leaned against it and just looked and looked and looked.....


Ah in those days I wandered not even in the courtyard... though my inheritance was to enter in with boldness and confidence as a child coming home.... I played outside the gate... or just within it... but not much further....

Thinking upon those days I remember... I remember wanting to be in its presence but not wanting to get too close... but yet I couldn't leave either.....

I remember the day that I sat upon the stoop of the house... upon the stairs that led up to that great door.... and I just sat there... and again it was as if a thousand years would pass....

Until one day the door opened... and He would come and sit next to me..... I remember the silence that existed in those days... the air was thick... but nothing was said... I didn't even dare to look at Him.... but there we sat and again another thousand years must have passed.....

Then in one moment I turned my head as to look at Him... His presence had so warmed my soul that I wanted to see His face... the silence still existing between us... but I wanted to see Him ... I wanted to see His face.... well,.... with that one movement I was utterly and forever changed....

Keep my gaze upon you Father.... keep my heart in Your hand.... let us sit side by side for all eternity.... You in Your awesome and majestic and magnificent You and me created in Your image... bearing Your likeness... Yours.... sitting side by side and whether in silence or in the abundance of Your voice... I have been changed.... and am being changed... may I linger and live and abide there... always there... overshadow me .... I rest in You....

No comments: