Sunday, April 3, 2011

Questioning the Sacred Cow Part two .... No more ... no less

Ok.... so where have these posts come from... here we go... I truly don't mean to offend in this post... but I am walking somewhere I have felt pulled to for weeks... and last night was where questions hit a pinnacle and upon an evening of pondering I came to a life giving conclusion.... that I want to share....


So what happened... well, I was tired first of all.... Jim has been away and he was away and he is going away again and I'm in the middle of that... six kids... a house... a dog... etc... etc.. just setting the stage.....

So I have been on this journey within my life of what truly is prophetic... what truly of the prophetic is from God and what is cultural.... What have those I have come up under learned from years of seeing and knowing and doing... I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater... but yet... there has been this gnawing thing in the pit of my stomach.... and it won't let me go...

Now before I go much further.. .I LOVE THAT GOD SPEAKS.... I LOVE THAT GOD SPEAKS THROUGH PEOPLE.... but He has used a donkey...

In 1991 I watched as John Paul Jackson in Framingham, MA... stood up and gave words to people... I watched as that room filled with such a cloud of glory (there wasn't a smoking machine.. not at that meeting)I watched as one woman in particular was told things that truly only God had known and He was meeting her there.... He was meeting her there and it was beautiful...

What happened that night was I was hooked.... I was hooked... I saw within that style of ministry and that which God did that night and I knew that I had stepped foot upon something that I wanted to know more about.....

Oh there are so many things I could say right now... and my mind is racing ... if I was speaking I would stop and I would pray... so I will do that....

OK... I'm back... here we go some bullet points.... as many as will fit into part 2 and we will see how many parts that there are.....


I love all things scripture... well in scripture we have translations... transportations... we have healings and deliverances... we have word of knowledge... we have words of wisdom... we have visitations...we have the cloud of witnesses.. we have... well, you get my point.... I LOVE that God moves upon His creation... I love that He speaks and acts and manifests aspects of Himself and His kingdom here on earth..... I love these things....

I also believe that one day none of these things will matter but what will matter is that we loved one another....

OK side note... an insider look at where these posts are coming from

last night a sermon was heard that addressed these very things... and within this sermon the emphasis for love was spoken of and it is was brilliant.... and within the sermon the pastor also addressed the misuse of public giving of word of knowledge... well in that questioning he hit the proverbial nail on the head of my life.... these questions.. of what is prophetic... what is culture... what is what we have allowed and what is wrong and what is right and where did it begin and the list of questions that were already swelling up in me were ignited and a free fall continued.....

Let me explain... I have been in this place of truly hungering for things of God... I was going to write of a revelatory nature but you know what ... truly it has more to do with God than with anything else.... I want truth in the inner most parts...

I want to figure things out with His help and know within me what is of Him and what is of man and culture and than what of those things that are of man and culture are ok... but in being ok are they good .. but then in being good are they just good and not life... I am on this hunger filled journey to know God as He is and see that which He does and do it but no more and no less...... NO MORE AND NO LESS...

hhhmmmm... I have seen both... I have seen the more added in a service and I have seen the less when it was apparent that God wanted to do more and yet the leader wasn't going to go there.... or risk or jump or try.... I have seen the more when the worship band and the host of the evening ramped things up to a frenzy like place and I have stood there and known that the Holy Spirit left the building a long time ago...

I have seen both..... and both are equally sad....

I don't want to add but I also don't want to subtract out of fear of the what ifs.... I want to see that which the Father is doing and do just that... not adding to it.. what of what God does needs to be added to and then woe to me if I don't do something that God is doing because I am afraid of the thoughts and opinions of man... woe to me....

And I have just begun on this track.... these questions that have been within me for weeks now are spilling out and I have only begun..... no more sacred cows... just a search for the sacred......

No comments: